cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Problems in connecting to backend (R3) for upload function

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I am implementing a upload function in WebDynpro Java connecting to ERP/R3 through a ZBAPI.

Following the link below, I can retrieve the file data in the WebDynpro. But then.... I have problems in sending to R3.

https://www.sdn.sap.com/irj/sdn/go/portal/prtroot/docs/library/uuid/00062266-3aa9-2910-d485-f1088c3a...

1. What data type should be stored in Web DynPro? (Binary? ByteArray? I have tried XString, but seem like WebDynpro wrongly recognize it as binary and error occur)

2. What data type should the R3 ZBAPI Input be? (Binary? ByteArray? XString?)

I have searched in the Internet, but most of the guides are just up to my stage, and I do not know how to proceed. Could anyone help?

Best Regards,

Chris

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi

there is no restriction with the datatypes you are inserting , for instance you are trying to

insert FFIRSTNAME which is of try string and this has to be integrated in ZRFC's attribute , but the

ZRFC attribute has to be same with the paramameter you are passing to the ZRFC.

if you are passing INT , NUM ,CHAR , BINARY to ZRFC's attribute , it should also contain the same

sttributes with same data type. if there is data type mismatch from the webdynpro with the backend R/3

so there is no way you can send the data to the backend directly ,

may be you have to TYPECAST the data with the data that is present in the backend and then send it .

Thanks

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Murali,

Thanks for your reply.

But I still cannot find a suitable type for the ZRFC.

I have stored the data in Web Dynpro as byteArray (binary type). So.... what datatype should I choose for the FileData attribute in the ZRFC? (For example, if I want to pass a String from Web Dynpro, I will choose CHAR with length 100 in the ZRFC. Therefore, in my case of passing a binary, what datatype should I choose?)

Thanks and Regards,

Chris