Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Reg:Variant Dependencies & Pricing

former_member1249468
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Gurus,

I have configured up to the below mentioned steps.

1.Creation of Material Master Record with required settings

2.Creation of Characteristic and it's values

3.Craetion of class

4.Assign characteristics to Class

5.Create configuration profile and assign it to MMR

I have strucked at pricing and dependencies maintenance.I need some info.related to pricing maintenance and dependencies creation.Kindly help me on this regard.

Thnaks & Regards,

Sash.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos
ravi_kumar100
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

The following needs to be set up for the variant pricing of configurable product .

Create pricing condition VA00 for the variants

Create characteristics

Create variant table

Create dependencies

Allocate the dependencies to the configuration profile

Procedure:

1)Create Pricing Condition-VK11 Transaction code.

Condition Type:VA00

Maintain the required pricing here.

Note:The condition type VA00 is defined as a fixed rate surcharge, which is applied to the base price of the product ordered. This variant condition is created as part of the pricing master data for each of the configurable options for which a surcharge should apply

The condition type VA01 could alternatively be used in variant pricing to increase the price of the higher level material by a fixed percentage rate.

Maintain the prices for all the variants (Characteristics) you have create.

Note:The entry of the Variants is case sensitive.

2)Create Characteristics:Surcharge

Transaction code:CT04

Create a Characteristics name to identify your Pricing Characteristic.

In the addition data tab maintain the following:

Table Name:VKOND and Field name :SDCOM.

Note:

The characteristic u201CSURCHARGEu201D references to the field u201CVKONDu201D of the u201CSDCOMu201D table. It provides the link between the materialu2019s variant configuration and the variant conditions that were entered.

3)Create Variant Table::

Transaction code:CU61

Maintain the characteristics in the Variant table.(Char.Name,Char.Value,Var.Cond )

Save it..

4) Maintain the Variant table :

Transaction code:Cu60

Maintain values for Example

Characteristic Name Characteristic Value Variant condition

Size 10 Size_10

Colour Red Colour_Red

Colour Blue Colour_blue

Save the table.

5)Create Dependencies:

Transaction code:CU01

Maintain the required description and in dependency editor

You see the screen u201CEdit Dependencyu201D. Select Insert line icon five times to insert lines. Enter the following on the inserted lines.

TABLE TBL_PRICING

(CHAR_NAME = 'Size',

CHAR_VALUE = $self.Size,

VAR_COND = $self.SURCHARGE).

Note: This procedure references the Table TBL__PRICING. The dependency checks to see which value was chosen for the 'Size' Option and specifies the appropriate Variant Condition to this choice.

Check whether your dependency has errors or not.

After that Save it and make sure that it has been released(Which you can find in the initial screen)

6)_Allocate Dependency to the Characteristics profile of the material:

Transaction code:CU42

In the screen u201CChange Configuration profile for Material: Profile Overview u201D. On this screen, maintain your profile and select Profile Detail icon.

You see u201CChange Configuration profile for Material: Detail Screenu201D. Under the Section Header Basic Data, select Object dependencies button.

You see the screen u201CMaintain Dependency: Allocation to Objectsu201D screen.

Maintain your dependency here in this configuration profile for the material.

Once it is done cross check in transaction code 'PMEVC' Transaction code for ECC 6.0.

Simulate your Variant configured material and cross check.

Hope it helps.

The steps may look little bit exhaustive but the process of maintaining it shall be fruitful.

Have a Nice Day.

REgards,

Ravi

Former Member
0 Kudos

Kumar, your answer has no relevance whatsoever to this subject.

Sash, the SAP help for Variant Configuration should be able to take you through everything you need to create variant pricing. Look through it and try it out.

former_member219179
Contributor
0 Kudos

Moose man,

I just tried to explain him abouit Dependency and creation of dependency.Please read his question one more time and give reply.Since am not strong in Pricing i have avoided to reply that part.

Also onceagain see my reply i have clearly told him now he will be able to understand what is dependency and how to create depency.

Cheers,

Kumar.S

Former Member
0 Kudos

Can you kindly share the T Code & Error while executing the Transaction.

Best Regards,

Ankur

former_member1249468
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Ankur,

I am not getting any error message.I am not able to replicate the price at order level for characteristics.Request to guide me how to replicate the pricing at order level for characteristics.

With Regards,

Sash.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Have you maintained the Condition Record against the Characteristics ?

Best Regards,

Ankur

former_member1249468
Contributor
0 Kudos

I still have not maintained any records.I need info.on how to configure the variant pricing.Pls guide me.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Try to maintain Condition Record in VK11 through Condition Type VA00.

Best Regards,

Ankur

former_member219179
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

Check for the below answers how to create Dependecy:

Logistics-Central Functions -Variant configuration-Dependency-Single Dependency-Create(T. Code - CU01 ).

Global dependencies are created centrally and can be assigned to several objects.External number/name assignment for the Global Dep

Local dependencies are created for one object and can be used with that object only.Internal Number assignment for local Dependency

Hope u will be clar now how to create dependecy.

Cheers,

kumar.S