cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SP increase for SDM

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Can you please let me know how we can increase the SP level of SDM( Software Delivery Manager/Software Deployment Manager).Which tool we will be using for deployment also how long would take to do the upgrade & would it require restart after the upgrade?.Please reply asap.

Regards

Nilesh.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (6)

Answers (6)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Issue resolved

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Nilesh,

SAP has recommended to use JSPM as of 7.0 SR3 and also if the level of JSPM needs to be upgraded while deploying the application , it will not recognise the SCA file which you have put in the inbox.

As now in your case you specifically want to increase the level of SDM, can you please provide the requirement what you want to deploy with SDM.

As I mentioned earleir that nowadays JSPM is the preferred tool for deploying all the components , which automatically takes care of the version of Dependent components.

Please specify your exact requirement, that will help us understand the problem more clearly.

Regards

Naveen Garg

0 Kudos

Hi Nilesh,

When you are upgrading the system you need to upgrade JSPM as from NW 7.0 SAP is using JSPM as the tool to deploy the applications.Which in turn uses SDM only to deploy the components.

Also when you will upgrade to JSPM then only you will be able to upgrade other components.

Hope this will help.

Regards

Naveen Garg

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Naveen,

If there is particular requirement in which I need to increase the SDM SP level,could you please provide the way by which i can increase it?.

Regards

Nilesh Shete.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

As far i know JSPM patch update will take hardly 30 minuts why SDM will go for more than 1 hour

Regards

Uday

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

Can we increase the SP no. for SDM by using JSPM or we have to apply the Snote :860939 for it.Please let me know asap

Yes you can through JSPM

Simple question why you are going for Upgrading SDM patch?is there any particular reason?

Regards

Uday

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Uday,

As such this is client's requirement so we need to increase the SP of SDM.

Regards

Nilesh.

Former Member
0 Kudos

HI

Check this Note 532892 - Installing a new version of the Software Delivery Manager

What is the SAP version installed?

Regards

Uday

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Uday,

The version is 7.00 & SP no.is 17 in our case.SP on marketplace for SDM is 19 now.We need to increse the SP to 18.

Please let me know the answers of below questions.

What tool would you use for deployment/installation?

How long to you think it would take to do the upgrade?

Would SDM Require a restart after the upgrade?

Regards

Nilesh.

Former Member
0 Kudos

check out

[https://websmp130.sap-ag.de/sap(bD1lbiZjPTAwMQ==)/bc/bsp/spn/sapnotes/index2.htm?numm=860939]

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Manoj,

Please let me know that can we increase the SP no.( from 17 to 18 in our case) of SDM by using JSPM.Please reply.

Regards

Nilesh.

sunny_pahuja2
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi

> The version is 7.00 & SP no.is 17 in our case.SP on marketplace for SDM is 19 now.We need to increse the SP to 18.

>

SP 18 is also avilable on SMP. Please go to as per below path:

Support Packages and Patches - Entry by Application Group -" SAP NetWeaver" - SAP NETWEAVER" - SAP NETWEAVER 7.0" - PORTAL ADD-ON SAP NW 7.0" - PORTAL ADD-ON SAP NW 7.0" - Required Product Versions" - SAP NETWEAVER 7.0 - Enterprise Portal

> What tool would you use for deployment/installation?

For deployment check SAP note 860939 - Initial installation/Update of SDM v6.40/v6.45(NW04/NW04s)

> How long to you think it would take to do the upgrade?

I think it will take around 1-2 hrs maximum.

> Would SDM Require a restart after the upgrade?

Yes

Hope it helps

Thanks

Sunny

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Sunny,

Can we increase the SP no. for SDM by using JSPM or we have to apply the Snote :860939 for it.Please let me know asap.

Regards

Nilesh.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Nilesh,

You can use JSPM. Please go through the following note if you come across any problem while deploying.

[https://service.sap.com/sap/support/notes/891983]

Hope this helps.

Manoj