cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

CHARM without any project assignment possible or not ????

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi ,

can we create transaction request through solution manager having charm configured without assignment of any maintenance project.

i n details : i config. charm for managing all daily transaction request from it. for that i was created a Zabc maintenance project.

so now when ever any new developments come on service desk request it will call for change management request from their and

after approval developer will create a TR which by default comes under project Zabc for maintenance cycle M0000XX.

Now i want to get either multiple option to choose different projects or without project . can any one confirm is it possible to create any TR (Dev) without any project assignment or not. If yes please let me know.

Regards

Andrew.

Edited by: Andrew lee on Jul 9, 2009 9:32 AM

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

I think charm without project assignment is not possible. But you can have a different project (eg: implementation project) and the corresponding task list can used for your new developments.

regards

Naveen kumar

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Naveen

Can you please put some more light on the procedure for using solution Manager for the normal development transports during implementation phase of the project.

Thank You.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Maintenance Project are used for Maintenance on your "live" business scenarios, checked out from your solution.

Implementation, Template are used for implementing new functionallity, into a new solution, or additional to a solution.

Upgrade projects speak for themselves.

If you start with Maintenance/Implementation/Upgrade/Template projects, as soon as you activate ChaRM (option in SOLAR_PROJECT_ADMIN) your are supposed to create a Maintenance Cycle. In relation to the type of project a certain tasklist is created, and thus a maintenance/development cycle is created.

To those cycles the individual, change documents are "attached" to get a release kind of working.

So you must have any cycle, Maintenance or Development or Upgrade.

Kind regards.