cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Console of SAP WAS 6.3

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi.

I want to see the output of the WAS. Where can I see it?

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Trying running this batch file and looking at the console... it works as a tail -f in Unix:

C:\usr\sap\<SID>\JC00\j2ee\admin\logviewer-standalone\lv.bat -p c:\usr\sap\<sid>\jc00\j2ee\cluster\server0\log

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Nir

I blew my brains trying to find that ,but this was in context to Web Dynpro development . But finally I struck shore by using the Log Configurator and the logging apis (and some help and some hack) to get the trace messages in the Log Viewer accessible WAS Visual Administrator.

Would this help you ? I remember you can attach a Log Configurator to web applications (JSP ,Servlet kind).Please reply if you want more info

Regards

Pran

detlev_beutner
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

should be under /usr/.../.../j2ee/admin/log/console_logs/.

Also under 6.20 there has been such a directory ("console_log", just under a different path). If my path from above shouldn't help, just search for the given dir.

Hope it helps

Detlev

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Detlev.

The folder you gave me consists of all the logs and errors of the server.

What I want to see is the messages sent by my application to the STDOUT (using System.out.println() or similar).

These messages don't appear in the files contained in the "console_logs" folder.

An even better solution would be, someway of seeing the output in "real time" - as the application run progresses.

Any idea how to do these things?

detlev_beutner
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

sorry, at the moment, no other idea. BUT - just print something very special, for example "Detlev tried to help me as much as possible", to System.out, then search the whole J2EE-server-directory for this string.

Hope it helps

Detlev