Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

NAST and Smartforms

aidan_mulcahy
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi,

this seems to have been asked a lot but I can't find an answer to my question that works.

I want to print a smartform using the printer values (device, number of prints, language ...) defined in nast.

Could someone outline the process to do this please?

Thanks.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Aidan,

It is not so hard.

In the interface import you have to define IS_NAST TYPE NAST (if it is not done already)

In the printer program you have to add is_nast = nast (if not done already)

The values of nast are alerady known in your program ( if it is a little bit standard SAP)

success

Gr., Frank

aidan_mulcahy
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi All,

thanks for the replies. This is drving me nuts....

Frank,

you said to define IS_NAST TYPE NAST in the interface (of the SF, I presume). But, what should I do with IS_NAST?

To try and sort this, I have copied code from a working program and ran the appropriate output programs. I have debugged at the point of calling the SF function. The output_options and control_paramaters are identical. The nast and 'is_nast' are the same as the actual NAST table.

Only possibly interesting point is the original has a partner function but my one does not. But, this is as it is in NAST.

For the same user I execute the FM and the original one prints while my new one pops up with the Print Dialog screen. It seems like it is getting the print info from user master data, rather than NAST.

Could this have something to do with the way the output type is defined?

Thanks.

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi Aidan

You asked:

I want to print a smartform using the printer values (device, number of prints, language ...) defined in nast.

Could someone outline the process to do this please?

I gave you a method to get the values of nast into the samrtform. IS_NAST is for meonly a variablename. in which the values of NAST is put. Maybe you have in your form interface already a variable named NAST (instead of IS_NAST) with the nast values.

In that case forget al about IS_NAST.

If the NAST not is filled wioth the values you want you have to get it somewhere else. Or take care it is put in NAST but i have no idea how to do that.

Gr., Frank

aidan_mulcahy
Active Participant
0 Kudos

bit embarassing this....

I forgot to pass the

user_setting = ' '

to the smartform so it was always taking the user defaults.

Sorry for wasting your time......

Thanks for your help

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

0 Kudos

hi,

while calling the smartform FM there is export parameter output_options , pass it the desired data which u want to set .

u can pass control and composer parameter of type ssfctrlop and type ssfcompop respectively .

hope this will solve ur issue

regards,

Prashanti

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

You can pass these values in strucutre output_options while calling smartforms.

Regards,

Sagar.