cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

BW 3.5 over ABAP+JAVA system homogeneus copy

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Gurus,

I making a BW homogeneus copy to other hardware (i want change the hardware).

I check the WAS Abap and WAS java homogeneus copy guide, but i am really confused.

I think follow this steps:

1.- Install central instance ABAP (only WAS ABAP)

2.- install DB instance ABAP

3.- restore de BD

4.- export JAVA ADD-in in source system

5.- import JAVA ADD-in in target system

6.- post processing

I dont know if after step 2 I must install the Java ADD-in in target system ( the BW system is over ABAP+JAVA system).

or the import java add-in install the java component?

Regards,

Ernesto.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Ernesto,

For ABAPJAVA system copy, target system should be ABAPJAVA system. Saying that you need let us know what platforms you OS ,DB and also what kind of procedure you plan to use.

The system copy procedure varies based on platform, version of SAP. Let me know your the patch levels of BW system,OS, DB. Maybe we can help you better with that information.

to make it simple

1. Install a ABAP+JAVA Instance on target and then follow rest of the procedure

Thank You,

Praveen

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Praveen,

I have a BW 3.5 with SP 18 (WAS ABAP+Java 6.40 Sr1), Win 2003 and SQL server 2005.

I am reading the " Homogeneous and Heterogeneous System Copy for SAP Systems

Based on SAP Web Application Server Java 6.40 SR 1"

and this say the following:

Process Flow on the Target System

1. You install the ABAP central instance on the target system as described in the database-specific

procedure in the documentation Homogeneous and Heterogeneous System Copy for SAP Systems

based on Web AS ABAP 6.40 SR1.

Installation Guide: System Copy for SAP Systems Based on WAS Java 6.40 SR 1

August 2006 33

2. You install the ABAP database instance on the target system as described in the database-specific

procedure in the documentation Homogeneous and Heterogeneous System Copy for SAP Systems

based on Web AS ABAP 6.40 SR1.

3. You install the Java Add-In:

a. UNIX: You start SAPinst on UNIX [page 58]

Windows: You start SAPinst on Windows [page 64]

b. Choose the installation service SAP NetWeaver u201904 Support Release 1 􀃆 Java Add-In for

ABAP 􀃆 <DB> 􀃆 Central System 􀃆 Migration u2013 Target Central Instance Installation.

c. Follow the instructions on the SAPinst screens.

d. Perform follow-up activities [page 90].

e. Restart the SAP system.

Regards,

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Ernesto,

There are two ways to perform the system copy

1. Database Specific

2. Database independent

I beleive you are trying to do Database Independent system copy that is by creating export cd of source database and use them for system. For your environment which is WINDOWS + MSSQL on 6.40 SR1.

Please refer to documents

Homogeneous and Heterogeneous System Copy for SAP Systems based on SAP Web AS ABAP 6.40 SR1

Homogeneous and Heterogeneous System Copy for SAP Systems based on SAP Web AS Java 6.40 SR1

To answer your original question, You install the Java Add-In using the Java export on Target System. I have summarized the process flow below

From document "Homogeneous and Heterogeneous System Copy for SAP Systems based on SAP Web AS Java 6.40 SR1

check section 4.2 Database-Independent System Copy (Jload Procedure)

Process Flow for the Source System (Java Add-in)

On Source System: Windows

1. You run SAPinst to perform the Java export [page 64].

We recommend that you perform the export as a test run before you perform a productive run. Deselect the option Stop J2EE cluster before export on the screen Java System > Database Export when running SAPinst for a test run.

2. You run SAPinst to perform the ABAP export as described in the documentation Homogeneous and Heterogeneous System Copy for SAP Systems based on Web AS ABAP 6.40 SR1.

3. If required, you can run the SAPinst GUI in standalone mode to perform a remote system copy [page 86].

On Target System: Windows

1. You perform the ABAP import as described in the documentation Homogeneous and Heterogeneous System Copy for SAP Systems based on Web AS ABAP 6.40 SR1.

3. For more information, see Running SAPinst on Windows [page 64].

4. Java import: You install the Java Add-In using the Java export.

You must check the documentation Installation Guide u2013 SAP NetWeaver u201904 SR1 Java on <your OS> : <your database>, Part II u2013 Installation and Post-Installation for details concerning the installation of your database that cannot be covered by this documentation.

a. Central System: You run SAPinst to install the target system and perform the import [page 64].

Hope this helped you let me know if you still have concerns.

Thank you,

Praveen

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Praveen,

I perform the system copy succesfully, thanks for your cooperation.

I follow the steps suggested for the system copy guide and all run OK.

Regards,

Ernesto Castro.

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Please, could you attach the link for the guide used for this homogeneous copy.

Best regards,

Carlos

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Carlos,

I attach the link:

https://websmp203.sap-ag.de/instguides

Regards,

Ernesto Castro.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Friend

i also have a similar requirement.

but i am very much lost with various options and functionality.

I have taken the offline backup of the source system which is here bw 3.5.

how can i restote on a high end server with same sid and instance no.

Thansk and Regards

Pooja

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Pooja,

Follow the system copy guide steps to perform a copy from source server to target server.

First :you should be install the system BW system on target server with same system <SID> and DB <SID>.

Second: Backup DB on source server and restore this backup on target server (ONLY <SID> DB).

Third: Perform the post installations steps in target server.

For backup and restore you can use any methods that you have possible.

Regards,

Ernesto Castro.