cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Inspection lot - material vendor

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello guys,

I have the requirement of same part used with 5 different vendors and they want to do inspection only for 2 vendors out of 5 for the same part.In this case if i would set up the inspection set up in MM for that part, it would trigger the inspection lot irrespective to any vendors which we dont want to.

So i dont want ins lot get created for other 3 vendors as they dont need inspection.

pls advice

Akash

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

former_member587434
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Create Q-Info record for Vendor material relation. (T-code: QI01)

If you don't want to create lot for 3 vendor then for those three vendor, in Q-Info record --> Insp. control tab --> Insp control field, select option "No inspection." For other two vendor select "inspection active" By doing this system will create lot for two vendor only.

Hope this helps.

Thanks!!!

Former Member
0 Kudos

thanks a lot!!! nehal ...it worked

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

There are 2 ways

i) Creation of q info record as suggested by Nehal.

ii) But if u don't want to maintain q info records then Maintain DMR in inspection plan for that vendor : - If u are having inspection plan for that material then create 1 separate group counter in that plan. At header level maintain Dyanamic Modification Rule for eg. inspect first 3 lots and skip 99. In material assignment maintain material and vendor combination. By this that DMR will be applicable for that material and vendor only and as inspection lots are craeted they will get skipped.