cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

ATP checking group config - Accumulation of requirement/confirmed qty

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi, SAP recommends to use option 3 for accumluating of total requirement qty during SO creation and accumulation of confirmed qty during SO change for atp check. What's the rationale as compared to option 1 where the accumulation is based on confirmed qty for both SO create and change? Can anyone provide some examples to explain the difference?

Thanks

PP

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi, any advise out there? I am juz curios why SAP recommends to consider requirement qty < receipt qty before SO can be confirmed during SO creation. I hv a scenario like this

Total receipt = 5

Total requitements = 9

Total confirmed = 3

Option 1

If we set the accumuation field as '3' and create a new SO with 1 qty, new SO cannot be confirmed since total receipt < total requirement.

Option 2

If we set the accumuation field as '1' and create a new SO with 1 qty, new SO can be confirmed since total receipt > total confirmed.

If i goes for option 1, this would mean that SAP wants to make sure any SOs created previously (not fully confirmed yet) shd be confirmed before the new SO can be confirmed. Is this interpretation correct? Then again, even if i can't confirmed during SO creation, i can still save the SO and performed the availabilty check during SO change. This will then allow me to confirm the SO qty.

Hope anyone can share light on this setting and it's usage.

Thanks

PP