cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Calling WDJ from WDA application

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi experts,

Can anyone please tell me that how 2 call a WDJ application from a WDA application. Please explain in detail as i am complete novice in this field.

thnx.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

thomas_jung
Developer Advocate
Developer Advocate
0 Kudos

If you aren't in the portal, then you can just do navigation like you would to any non-Web Dynpro application. Both WDJ and WDA can be accessed via URL. You can use the LinkToURL UI element or fire an Exit Navigation Plug to go to the URL of the WDJ.

farooq_basha
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Thomas and experts,

I have requirement where i need to call WD java standard application.

My requirement : I am displaying teamview in my MSS through OADP by using WD ABAP...

Initial Screen displays columns like Position, Employee name , Job ...etc

when manager select position in teamview ....it has to check whether positions region went live or not.

I) IF position region went live then it has to open 3rd party tool and pass parameters(Here i am open 3rd party URL and passing parameters)

Here my requirement, 2)Already we have standard WDJ application which is using as of now, so if positions region has not gone live then i have to call standard WDJ application with passing parameter and skipping initial screen which is displaying teamview and continue with position details

Is this possible through portal which explained above. can any one suggest me how to proceed .

Thanks in advance...

Regards,

Farooq

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

One way we can do this is -

If this WDJ is deployed in portal ie enterprise portal, then we can use the PCD path for that application and can be used in our WDA application can use the methods of IF_WD_PORTAL_INTEGRATION to call that.

Regards,

Lekha.