cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

What is your SP update procedure...stay current or update only when needed?

Former Member
0 Kudos

All,

One thing we haven't done since going live with our GRC AC 5.2 suite of modules is stay up to date with the SPs. I'd like to get an idea of what most people do to stay current. Do you only update when needed or stay as current as possible (this question applies to the frontend GUI as well as the backend SAP). Did you develop a process for this?

Thanks for your help.

Regards,

Greg

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Our testing requirements are not too complex so we usually install the latest GRC AC SP's quarterly (to coincide with all our standard quarterly SAP SP's)

If we see something in an SP that we need immediately, we have the flexibility to upgrade immediately.

Overall, I'd say the best idea is to stay current. Usually when we create messages with SAP regarding issues, the first thing they ask us is "are you on the latest SP?"

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Greg,

Most customers that I had experience schedule it quarterly as mentioned by our friends in this thread.

It is always recomended to stay current on SP's so that you will have latest fixes.

Following link provides information on planned release dates for GRC Access Control version 4.0, 5.1, 5.2 and 5.3 Support Packages, which will help you in planning your future SP update.

https://webphl02.phl.sap.corp/~form/sapnet?_SHORTKEY=01100035870000595040&_OBJECT=011000358700000090...

Best Regards,

Sirish Gullapalli.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Greg,

It really depends on the industry your company is in.. I worked with couple of clients whose testing requirements are not time consuming and they do the support pack upgrades quarterly (sometimes when needed to fix issues). Some of my other clients have a very tedious testing requirements even for the support pack updates, in that case we used to upgrade to the next level with the highest support pack available at once, which kind of consolidates the testing and training efforts.

- Naveen

Rich_Turnquist
Participant
0 Kudos

We plan semi-annual support pack updates for all our SAP systems. Because of the amount of testing involved it is treated like a mini upgrade. I've also worked at a company that did it quarterly. In 11 years of working on SAP, I've never worked at a company that didn't keep somewhat current with support packs. It's alot of work but worth it.