cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

User authorization base on calculated field

Former Member
0 Kudos

I may ask for an imposible, here my case

we have a customer repository, where depending of the convination of values of few fields, diferent organizations are responsible of each customer (4 diferent organizations, I would call them by colours)

in that way I thought to make four calculated fields, as isrelevant_for_organization_blue, etc... where I codify the logic behind

(note, a customer can be relevant for more than one organization, therefore the four fields)

and of course, the users want to only only their relevant customers, and not able to see the non-relevant

so, the first idea, "let's maintain the authorization on the calculated field !!"

which it come to do not work, becouse no authorization can be made on calculated fields

second idea, "let's calculate it on import time", which even is worst idea (in case logic change, there is a need of correct the data) and it does not work neither. No calculation fields on import time ...

any other idea arround ??

thanks you

(running MDM 5.5.SP6)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

former_member205403
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Make it a simple field and assign values by using assignments.

I think it will work. test it and let me know the results.

Regards,

Shiv

Former Member
0 Kudos

what you mean by "by using assignments" ??

doing it manually ??

we are loading from diferent sources via XI into MDM (XML file into the MDM folder ...) and we would not like to codify this logic into XI. Te logic is subject to change from time to time (often I fear)

correction to historical data when logic is changing, can be done using a calculate field and manual correcting the necesary records. But on daily/weekly bases (when we load info) it should be done someway automatically

any ideas ??

thansk in advance

former_member205403
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

HI,

I meant, write an assignment expression and run that to populate desired value in the field.

to automate the process, you can use workflow and add assignment step in it.

i hope assignment expression will be smart enough to fulfill your requirements.

REgards,

SHiv

Answers (0)