Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Soap Sender adapter from .net portal

vijay_kumar133
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Dear Friends,

I have a scnario where i need to integrate with .net portal to sap using SOAP sender adapter and Serverproxy .

Now i have developed interface and what all i need to share with .net team to trigger my SOAP adapter.

I have shared URL

http://HOST:8000/XISOAPAdapter/MessageServlet?channel=:BS_Test_Sender:CC

and even i shared the WSDL file which i have created in configuration using define webservices tool.Which i used for testing at altova xml spy.

Now at .net end when there are creating a webservice with reference the url it is promoting for username and pwd and credentials...

is this way we need to do this

when ever i give user name and pwd at .net side it is not logging in...

I need few info how they use this URL and WSDL file and can i use a default username and PWD for this URL access.

Regards

Vijay

Edited by: vijay Kumar on Jul 8, 2009 2:36 PM

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hey

SOAP sender scenarios can work in two ways:

First is that you can post messages directly to Integration server of XI system(kind of like sender HTTP adapter),in this case you bypass the adapter engine,improves performance but you can't track the scenario in RWB and can't use any ASMA.You can add User ID or password in this case in the URL.

Second is to post messages to adapter engine,in this case you need to provide only with WSDL file to the sender system,there is no need to give them separate URL.You can not add user ID and password in this case,it needs to be provided separately to the .Net application.

>>http://HOST:8000/XISOAPAdapter/MessageServlet?channel=:BS_Test_Sender:CC

This gives me an idea that you are posting messages to adapter engine via SOAP sender adapter,hence you can't embed User ID or Password in WSDL.

A work around would be to store the User ID and Password in a cookie in .Net application.We have used this work around several times and works perfectly.

There is a service use PIAPPLUSER which you can use to send messages from external application to adapter engine.

Thanks

Aamir

Edited by: Aamir Suhail on Jul 8, 2009 8:17 AM

vijay_kumar133
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Dear Aamir,

Now at .net application i need to use service user PIAPPLUSER .

And here i am using this approach to diasplay payslip in ,net portal from sap.

Now when ever the user trigegrs a request from .net application the message as to process and this time .. how can we handle the user credentials...

Can we direclty use PIAPPLUSER for every request with help of cookies..

Now if the PWD of PIAPPLUSER is shared to .net team tthat will be a problem again... how to handel this,....

Regards

Vijay

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hey

I said PIAPPLUSER because its a standard service user which has role of SAP_XI_APPL_SERV_USER

You can use any user as long as it has role of SAP_XI_APPL_SERV_USER.

Please get in touch with the .Net team,they will definitely know how to add user ID or password in cookies.

Thanks

Aamir

vijay_kumar133
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Dear Amir,

Thanks, and one more info do i need to register the URL in UDDI .. if so how should i do that....If already it is done at the time of activation then how can a .net application client program cam identify the Registered URL....

Is there any such funda here.... as i gom through some webservices funda....

Regards

Viajy..

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hey

No need to register URL via UDDI.

In fact i m currently working on exactly similar req:)

Just provide the WSDL file to the .Net application,If you open the WSDL in notepad,you will see the whole URL in the bottom.If .Net application needs only URL,just ask them to use this URL,they can also use the whole WSDL to post messages(WSDL's are better than just URL).

Thanks

Aamir

prateek
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

UDDI is not a mandatory part in this requirement. You may not think of exposing the webservice in UDDI. Only the steps you were following are enough.

Regards,

Prateek

vijay_kumar133
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi amir/Prateek,

Just now surprise i came to know that the .net application is in different domine and my PI system is in different domine...

now need to take any other step to connect to this application.

when .net tram is not able tp creating webrefernce with the given URL as it is promoting for username and pwd and domine..

As you suggested i have given the above role and even all roles for time beings even then they can not create webreference..

One more point i have opened only 8000 port that is http at .net side,, is that enoufgh or any thing else is required.

Regards

Viajy

Edited by: vijay Kumar on Jul 9, 2009 8:44 AM

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

on ur .net application, java port need to be open it can be 5000 or 50000...just check ..then only it will able to connect to ur XI server and process further.

Regards,

Manisha

prateek
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

You may use the role SAP_XI_APPL_SERV_USER for logging in.

You may try to add username and password in the URL if you want to avoid entering the credentials again and again.

Regards,

Prateek

vijay_kumar133
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Prateek,

For all the time i need to give login name and pwd. Can we use as default for this specific soap adapter...

And even when we give user name and pwd also it not not creating a creating webservice at .net end...

with ref to given URL.

I have tested the URL and it is working fine when i send a request from altovaxml spy..

Regards

Vijay