Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

QM_Change of base unit of measure not possible

anand_rao3
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Dear QM Experts,

Scenario is,

1. Material master created with QM view activation.

2. The Base Unit of Measure kept as EA

3. Inspection plan prepared for material with usage 5 and status 4.

4. Material has not undergone any purchase order / production order / routing or any other transactions except inspection plan.

5. No movements have done and the stock is zero

6. The requirement is to change Base Unit of Measure from EA to KG

When tried through MM02 system throws an error message as The base unit of measure cannot be changed; choose "Display errors" Message no. M3189

When viewed through log another information gets displayed as Routings already exist that are assigned to the material. Task list type Q.

I tried through trial and error method. First material assignment was deleted from task list, problem did not resolve. Thereafter deletion flag put to task list. No impact. At last entire task list deleted. Still system does not allow changing unit.

Has anybody faced the same problem ever? Whether deletion of task list (By T-Code QSR6) from data base will server the purpose? What are the obligations that one must follow while execution QSR6?

Or if there is any other solution to this requirement?

Thanks in advance

Best Regards,

Anand Rao

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member

Hi

*What are the obligations that one must follow while execution QSR6?*

By this T code Deletion is very much possible provided that

If there are no stocks of the material in the current period and in the previous period

If there are stocks in the previous period, you can clear them as follows:

a) Post the stock in the previous period to the current period (for example, using movement type 561) so that the stock for the previous period is the same as the stock for the current period.

b) Clear the stock with the posting date in the previous period (for example, using movement type 562).

If no purchase requisitions, purchase orders, or scheduling agreements exist for the material

&

Material Is used in any task list/Rauting.

Now as per your schenario I hope you have checked Inspection lot & PR,PO.

Error showing Q type of task list.

Go to PLKO & MAPL table for this material & group & Gr counter check the entry.

Check deletion Indicator in both the tables. If it has status "X" then this task list is very much possible to delete through QSR6.

I hope this will add some value to your Execuation.

Regards

Sujit

anand_rao3
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Sujit,

Thank you for your prompt reply.

I checked in MAPL table. It is very well showing X there. That means task list is getting treated as deleted. Still the system does not allow changing the base unit of measure.

There is no stock of the material neither in current period nor in earlier period. The material is freshly created and none of the movements have happened yet.

No inspection lot has generated yet. I mean transactions happened uphill now on the material are as follows,

1. MM01 Basic, MRP, QM, Accounting, plant data 2

2. QP01 Inspection plan preparation

Any guesses?

Best Regards,

Anand Rao

0 Kudos

Thanks Sujit Gujar.

Same scenario right now, i have face. your given steps has resolve by our issue to change the unit of measure for our scenario.

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

anand_rao3
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

The problem gets resolved after performing QSR6 transaction.This removes the entry from MAPL table, and MM02 can be done for unit change.

0 Kudos

Thanks Anand Rao. Same issue right now, i have face. But after visit your discussion with sujit, i am also overcome from issue same like your scenario.