cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Documentation capabilities of SAP PI

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

I am currently checking the HTML documentation functionality for repository / configuration objects of SAP PI. Is there also the possibility to automatically create a documentation of a configuration scenario for example by assembling the documentation of all according objects of the scenario?

Furthermore is there a possibility to export the HTML documentation of single objects or is it necessary to open each object to get access to the documentation part?

Thank you for your advice.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

prateek
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

There is no correspondance between the Documentation in repository and configuration. PI Documentation is not very advanced to make it available easily using uploads. This may be because its just a tool which could be used by the actual PI developer.

Regards,

Prateek

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thank you very much for your helpful answer. I was hoping that there would be some kind of mechanism to automatically assemble a documentation. Anyway I will use the existing functionalities.

rajasekhar_reddy14
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi ,

This option not available in PI ,i tried to find the way but no sol.

We can genarate HTML doc for developments in SAP BC or WebMethods but not in PI.

Regards,

Raj

former_member181962
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Florian,

YOur requirement cannot be met using current XI OBject Documentation tool.

As an alternative,You can probably use the link to external documentation option:

http://help.sap.com/saphelp_erp2004/helpdata/EN/11/395542785de64885c4e84023d93d93/frameset.htm

What you can do is to maintain the master document at a location in your company's shared folder and give link in the documentation.

Regards,

Ravi