cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Issue in polling the files--FTP Scenario

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi all,

We have an FTP scenario where the sender channel polles xml files.The issue curently being encountered is that if multiple files are posted into the folder and if any of them does not have appropriate permissions, the files after that are not not getting polled.But atleast if Read permission is there the files get polled successfully.Is there any way that PI can process the files which have appropriate permissions and ignore the others which dont have the same.

Thanks in advance,

Sowmya

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (5)

Answers (5)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Ravi,

The same user which is used to write the file to FTP server by MDM is also used in the FTP communication channel.

When the files are written in the directory normally Read/Write/Execute to the file action is give to owner. In such case PI has no issues to process the file, however in rare cases some files are written without any permission to owner or any other user, PI FTP channel files with error "FTPex:550, Permission denied".

Thanks,

Sowmya

HarshC
Active Participant
0 Kudos

I'm aware of this issue, let me try to explain..

Files are being written into a folder by a portal program. Since the program is run under portal admin, the files have authorizations only for the portal admin user.

PI polls these files using an ftp user.

To ensure the files are picked up.. The portal program runs a "chmod 777" after creating the file so that the pi ftp user has access. Due to some problem.. sometimes.. this doesn't work.

In such cases we might have 200 files with only one file with an incorrect authorization.. but PI on facing the error.. refuses to pick up any of the other 199 files..

Hope this helps,

Harsh

former_member181962
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Sowmya,

I am slightly confused.

How can files have Read/Write permissions?

It is the systems or users that will have read/write permmissions for a particular folder isn't it?

Regards,

Ravi

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Aamir,

I have tried using the option of "Archiving Faulty Source Files" but no luck.

Any help is greatly appreciated

Thanks,

Sowmya

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Prateek,

We are using FTP and not NFS.So any other option available?

Thanks,

Sowmya

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hey

Can you please try to use the "Archive Source Files with Errors" property of sender file adapter and see if it works for you.

http://help.sap.com/saphelp_nw70/helpdata/EN/e3/94007075cae04f930cc4c034e411e1/frameset.htm

Thanks

Aamir

prateek
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

If you are using NFS protocol, then you have Processing Mode option "Set to Read-Only".

Regards,

Prateek