cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Use of SUS with bidding Engine

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear all,

I want to use the BBPSC18 for request services (external labour). Then I want to use the bidding engine to create bid invitation from sourcing cockpit. From this point I have some questions

- I read it is not necessary to use SUS for this process. In that case what are the possibilities to sent the bid invitation to the supplier and for them to react on it?

- What are the arguments in favor / against the use of SUS?

- Does anyone what time / cost implications there are for the use of SUS?

We are running on SRM 5.0 / ECC 6.0

Kind regards,

Arie Ruitenbeek

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

former_member206968
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

If you are using request for external labour, then a bid invitation is automatically created as follow on document. You can add service agents in SRM system.

You can have two service prcurement business scenarios in sap srm.

1. service procurement with loose supplier integration

2. service procurement with closed supplier integration

In loose integration, you procure services using supplier catalogs and dont need any SUS. check the below link

http://help.sap.com/saphelp_srm50/helpdata/en/6e/1f311d7d73574c8db7525ffffa9746/frameset.htm

SUS is required if you want self entry of confirmation and invoices for suppliers. This saves time and cost on the part of buying company.

Regards,

Sanjeev

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks for the reply Sanjeev,

I have one additional question. You mention that I need SUS

'if you want self entry of confirmation and invoices for suppliers. This saves time and cost on the part of buying company'

In our case we want that confirmation on hours is done by customer in CATS and this will create automatically service entry in MM. Based on this we want to use ERS (evaluated receipt settlement).

Does this use of ERS requires SUS? Or do you mean by self entry of invoices that the supplier enters his own invoice and timesheets through the use of SUS?

In other words is it correct that given the use of CATS and ERS we don't need to use SUS?

Kind regards,

Arie Ruitenbeek

former_member206968
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

If you are using CATS and ERS , then you don't require an SUS.

Time recording in SUS is only supported for local scenario i.e. it wont be posted to backend to create an SES. Hence it might not be very beneficial for you to use SUS in this case.

Regards,

Sanjeev

Answers (0)