cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Posting period

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Please give me the solution how to solvePosting only possible in periods 1998/03 and 1998/02 in company code 4000.

Thanks,

miku

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Lakshmipathi
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Please dont post repeated questions. Make a search with relevant text so that you will get lot of inputs.

thanks

G. Lakshmipathi

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi ,

In MMPV you can open the posting periods.

Goto MMPV transaction and give the company code from and to as same

And open the dates for each month and year.

regards,

santosh

Former Member
0 Kudos

Please note that you have to check both. Not only MMPV

Because your period is quite old (old IDES ???), then you better check OB52 as well

Let me know if it solved your problem

regards

Rafal

0 Kudos

Hi,

Check as well tcode OKP1 to open system by CO side.

Lukasz

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Lukasz,

could you please explain me why OKP1 should be relevant here?

Error message says "Posting only possible in periods 1998/03 and 1998/02 in company code 4000", so its clearly connected to the periods for company code. OKP1 is related to "controlling area" and not company code.

Could you please provide more details why do you think OKP1 has to be checked ? I never checked it before, so want to know more about it.

regards

Rafal

0 Kudos

Hi Rafal,

Company code is directly assigne for controling area, moreover there is a lot of business objects hard related with f.ex. cost centers, internal orders .. - so If You will not open period in OKP1 for CO, You can't post with account assignement.

Regards

Lukasz

Former Member
0 Kudos

ok. , but don't you expect a different error message here (something about "controlling area") ?

I think system will display a different message type.

Something like here (I know its for different transaction, but this is only example)

<a href="http://www.saptechies.com/co-assessment-cycle-error-fi-posting-period-not-open/">http://www.saptechies.com/co-assessment-cycle-error-fi-posting-period-not-open/</a>

Maybe somebody who faced the problem with OKP1 can confirm if the error will be the same like posted in this message

regards

Rafal

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

MMPV for opening new period

In addition OB52 for FI

Question was probably answered several times

regards

Rafal