Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

inspection characteristic and classification in material master

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Guys,

Two Questions:

1 - I am wondering when I create the characteristics to be used in the Master inspection characteristics, does these characteristic have to be upload or maintained into the classification view for this material in the material master?

2 - I am asking this because when I went to perform my result recording using QE51N, the screen presented include an inspection lot with two inspection characteristics. One characteristic is reside in the inspection plan, however, the second inspection characteristic does not maintain inside this inspection plan and yet it is present in the result recording as part of the inspection characteristic. This second characteristic is maintain inside the classification view in the material master. May I know why the 2nd inspection characteristic appears in result recording screen even though it is not maintain as part of MIC in the inspection plan?

Regards,

JD

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Sujit,

Your answer is very helpful.

However, I have further question which is....can I choose to ignore this inspection characteristic from the material specification during result recording? will this have any side effect? The reason I am checking this is because I find this inspection characteristic is not helpful during result recording for this particular inspection lot.

Thanks

YY

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi

Yong

can I choose to ignore this inspection characteristic from the material specification during result recording? will this have any side effect?

Yes if some of the char are not useful to you you can alwaz ignore them in RR .& directly take UD

also in addition to that if all char are not useful to you you can remove task list Indicator from Inspection setup of that material.

Remeber you can alwz go for UD & stock posting without RR.

This will not harm.

Regards

Sujit

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

May I know why the 2nd inspection characteristic appears in result recording screen even though it is not maintain as part of MIC in the inspection plan?

You have selected Material Specification In the QM view along with the Task list.

So when you go to result recording you will found that a additional char will flow form Material Specs

this is not from Material Master

Regards

Sujit