cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

MSS Team Viewer: WDPortalEventing.subscribe in custom iView does not work.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear all,

we are trying to integrate a custom Web Dynpro Java iView into the MSS environment. This iView should receive the portal event "selection_changed" as described in SAP note 1112733. Which does not happen. I have followed the description within the note and done the following:

- In WdDoInit() added: WDPortalEventing.subscribe("urn:com.sap.mss.employeesearch", "selection_changed", wdThis.wdGetGetEmployeeQualificationsAction());

- implemented action "onActionGetEmployeeQualifications(com.sap.tc.webdynpro.progmodel.api.IWDCustomEvent wdEvent, java.lang.String dataObject, java.lang.String Namespace, java.lang.String Name )"

- created WD Java iView and added it to a new portal page which also contains the employee profile page

The result is: the action method never gets called. What am I missing here?

Any input on this topic would be greatly appreciated!

Kind regards,

Helga

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thank you again!

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I think you are asking about the capturing of the selected employee ID, that is from emplyee search the manager is selecting the employee right?

you will get this by using the DC xss/fpm, xss/utilitis, as a used dc in your application and in that u will get FcEmployeeselfservice component then in that youo will get the selected empoyee ID,

if i am wrong, please give some details about the requirement,

Cheers,

APPA

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Appa,

thank you for your reply! Yes, we need to capture somehow the employee in our java web dynpro and I thought it could be possible by WDEventing.

Unfortunately our HR is still on R/3 4.7. As far as I have understood the floor plan manager can be used starting at ERP 5.0 is that correct? Additionally we are currently not using the NWDI wherefore I assume that we cannot use the DCs your have recommended. Is this also correct?

Feel free to point me to a direction which I have missed so far regarding the resolution of my problem :). I thought that the eventing path would be the way to go... .

Kind regards,

Helga

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear all,

is there anybody out there who can confirm these findings? Or maybe assist in trying to get eventing work for MSS and HR 4.7?

Thank you already very much for any input!

Kind regards,

Helga

younghwan_kim
Active Participant
0 Kudos

As notes 1112733 says,

Solution

With Support Package 12 for ERP 6.0 , the MSS employee search function (Development Component MSS~TMV) is enhanced in such a way that a portal event is sent whenever another employee is selected.

So you need to upgrade, or customize your standard WDJ application, which needs NWDI of course.

Edited by: Kim, Young Hwan on Jul 11, 2009 2:47 PM

Edited by: Kim, Young Hwan on Jul 11, 2009 2:48 PM

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Kim,

I have recently worked in one such developement work related with MSS iView. Please see following link:

https://www.sdn.sap.com/irj/scn/wiki?path=/display/profile/how-toaddacustomWebDynproiViewtotheMSSEmployeeProfile%2528ECC+6.0%2529

https://wiki.sdn.sap.com/wiki/display/profile/HowtoreadinformationfromtheteamviewerinWeb+Dynpro

Using these links, you can create one WD Appl. In the application, when you will click on a particular employee, the employee no will be selected.

Once you are able to select the employee, you can play with it and execute other BAPIs.

Hope this will suffice.

I have used above links and created the WD Appl.

Regards,

Gary

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello all,

I guess this is confirming what we have found so far, which means it is necessary to have ERP 5.0 and NWDI in place.

Thank you very much for your answers!

Kind regards,

Helga