cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

FTPS & SOAP with SSL

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi ALL,

my scenario isender is File and receiver is IDOC , now i need to impliment FTPS for the sender file ,for this i need to use certificates for SSL ,but my doubt is who will have to give the certificates ,..? the XI system ..or the file sender FTP server.. ?

send me your undestanding ..& if some one had worked on this kind of scenarios pls give me more inputs .

if the FTP is receiver will this change like ,we XI need to give the certifiactes to the FTP server.. ? how it works give me more inputs

My next scenario is SOAP sender and Idoc receiver ..how to use HTTPs here ..who will give the certfictes either XI sytem ..or the SOAP system if its sender ...if SOAP is receiver will this Certificate usage process changes.. ?

Regards

Shakeif

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

refer this link it has an answer for your question

[http://help.sap.com/saphelp_nw04/helpdata/en/62/881e3e3986f701e10000000a114084/frameset.htm]

Edited by: Kubra fatima on Jul 8, 2009 11:00 AM

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

iprieto
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

You need the chain certificated of the FTP server. Try to download the server certificate and save the CAs in .crt format. The next step is install this CA certificates in TrustedCA view in J2EE Keystore. I think you must to restart the J2EE server if your version is 7.1.

Best Regards

Iván

Edited by: Carlos Ivan Prieto Rubio on Jul 8, 2009 10:58 AM

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi ,

You need the chain certificated of the FTP server.

what does this mean its little confusing me ..? can you pls explain this..?

Try to download the server certificate and save the CAs in .crt format.

from where i have to download the server certificate .. ? from FTP server or XI j2ee admin.. ?

The next step is install this CA certificates in TrustedCA view in J2EE Keystore. I think you must to restart the J2EE server if your version is 7.1.

Regards

Shakeeif

iprieto
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

1.- The server certificate is signed by differents CAs. Those CAs must be installed in the SAP J2EE Server in TrustedCA view. This views is in Keystore application on Visual Administrator or Netweaver Administrator( vers 7.1). With this action the J2EE server entrust in FTP certificate.

2.- From FTP server.

Best Regards

Ivá