cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

the dependency object in classification

Former Member
0 Kudos

I want to know the difference between the dependency on characteristics and the dependency on characteristic value.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Most characteristics used in dependencies are single-value. In characteristics maintenance functions, need to define whether a characteristic is Single-value/ Multiple-value/ Restrictable. If a characteristic is a single-value characteristic, the characteristic can only have one value. Multiple-value characteristics and restrictable characteristics are difficult to process in object dependencies and should be used with caution. For more information try following link -

[http://help.sap.com/erp2005_ehp_04/helpdata/EN/92/58c4a5417011d189ec0000e81ddfac/frameset.htm]

thanks & regards,

mahesh.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Mahesh,

Thanks a lot for your kindly help.

I checked your reply but maybe this answer is not quite fit for my question. I want to know the difference between dependency on characteristc and dependency on characteristc value, rather than the difference between dependency on single value and dependency on multiple value.

Best and Regards,

Yinyan Lu

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Yinyan ,

It depends on what sort of dependency you are using. They have the exact same effect. Eg if yu assign a precondition on a characteristic that will hide the chatracteristic based on the syntax you have and if you assign it to the value it will behave the same way. So there is not difference except that it will work on the object (characteristic or the value) assigned.

Please review the link which gives example on the dependency (precondition and procedure ) assigned to characteristic and characteristic value

http://help.sap.com/saphelp_47x200/helpdata/en/24/4766a0416711d189ec0000e81ddfac/frameset.htm

Hope this helps.

Regards

Amber

Sap Support

Answers (0)