cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Experiences from customer who have converted from MDMP to Unicode

Former Member
0 Kudos

I would be interested in seeing a weblog or article from a customer who has gone through the conversion from MDMP to Unicode on an R/3 system. I would be interested in how the process went, what kind of problems were encountered, how long it took, how many of your custom ABAP programs needed changes, etc.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

former_member374
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi SDN Members,

I am surprised that there are no takers for this double points opportunity. Write a Weblog or article about your experiences with MDMP conversion and lots of points and a sure spot in the top contributor list will be yours.

Best, Mark.

thomas_jung
Developer Advocate
Developer Advocate
0 Kudos

I wonder if many people are not in the same position we are in. We are planning an upgrade to Unicode for later in 2005. I was hoping to hear from other people who have made the conversion, but that may still be a very small group.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thomas,

I am also interested in contacting any companies that have migrated to Unicode (with or without MDMP). ChevronTexaco is planning a very large global project that will likely involve migrating to Unicode in the next few years. Anyone who is willing to chat,please feel free to contact me at joel.albert@chevrontexaco.com, 925-842-0864.

I suspect there are a lot of us who are going to be heading down this road in the next few years and we all want to learn from those who have blazed the trail before us.

jrg_engel
Explorer
0 Kudos

Hi,

We have to print forms with some languages from other codepages. Therefore, we are planning to use MDMP in our system. Because of hardware limits we are not able to migrate to unicode.

Is there anybody out there with bad experience, corrupted data or is MDMP still recommendable?

greetings

Joerg

thomas_jung
Developer Advocate
Developer Advocate
0 Kudos

MDMP works fine - as long as you follow all the rules that SAP has documented. It is easy to corrupt data if you don't have discipline in your data entry. Look at the globalization alias on the service marketplace for several good white papers and documents.