Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Create a element in the target

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Gurus,

I am very new to XI

I have a requirement "map the conition type to Gl" (if the condition type is ''AA'' them map to "XY")

should i have to create a field in the source as GL and also in the target and in the mapping i should check the condition with and if it its with condition type then it has to go the particular gl.

In the target how can i create a filed or element. target is the IDOC i am unable to create a element in the target...

can you please give me the details like how can i create a element in the target. and what is all that i have to do can you please tell me how to do the mapping using if statement

Thanks and regards,

Farimohammed

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (5)

Answers (5)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi ,

Can you say the Target structure ( ie, the IDOC name ) bcoz since its the IDOC you can cant change the structure in the target .

So it should have a field to represent the GL , ask the functional to explain " which field shd be mapped" . So you have the condition and you can solve it

Regards

Jude

Former Member
0 Kudos

Can you check if these links can help

http://help.sap.com/saphelp_nw04/helpdata/en/02/265c3cf311070ae10000000a114084/frameset.htm

/people/sravya.talanki2/blog/2005/08/16/message-mapping-simplified--part-i

/people/sravya.talanki2/blog/2005/12/08/message-mapping-simplified-150-part-ii

Regards,

Manjusha.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

AS the Target is an Idoc, It is not necessary to create a structure for the same.As the Idoc structure can be imported on to XI/PI.

Try to use the IF-else conditon available under Boolean functions of the Message Mapping.

Is this what you are looking for?

Thanks,

Kiran

Former Member
0 Kudos

Kindly MAP ZM00 and HM00 to the Below GL Account
GL name For Holding the Manual discount of System: 734116 u2013Discount Paid u2013 (POS Manual)

Still ur requirement is not very clear u mean to say in ZM00 field if u get the value AA You have to map to GL field in the target otherwise not(what the occurence of GL field.)

Please specify the condition to be checked properly

Former Member
0 Kudos

null

Edited by: FariMohammed on Jul 22, 2009 8:19 AM

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Please provide the source structure, required mapping condition and the target field/structure clearly.

Then will be able to help you.

Regards,

Shweta.

former_member181962
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Fari,

Can you explain your requirement in other words.

I am not able to understand your requirement properly.

Regards,

Ravi

Former Member
0 Kudos

i actually have a requirement as below:

Kindly MAP ZM00 and HM00 to the Below GL Account

GL name For Holding the Manual discount of System: 734116 u2013Discount Paid u2013 (POS Manual)

so for this what should i create in the source and what elemet should i create in the target and what is the condition should i give.

taregt is the IDCO type

Edited by: FariMohammed on Jul 8, 2009 10:16 AM