cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

BPM Time out Errors

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear All,

The some of the BPM Scenarios are ending in timeout error. I think, i have to increase the time out parameters.

I welcome your suggestions.

If I increase the time out parameters, what could be the impact of that and what is the SAP Recomandations on it?

and also

How do i increase the time limit for BPM?

I think we can increase the time limit by using the parameter SA_COMM (Tcode SXMB_ADM) and we can increase work process time by using parameter rdisp/max_wprun_time (RZ11). Please correct me if am wrong.

Thanks & Regards,

Venu V

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

iprieto
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Venu,

Why don't you use the deadline step in BPM? This behavior of this step is the same that time out.

Best Regards

Ivá

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Ivan,

Thanks for your replay. The scenarios were developed way back and UAT also has done. While executing the same scenarios I am getting the error. So I want to do time out settings without touching the scenarios. If I do what is the impact of my setting does it affects the resource consumption?

Regards,

Venu V

sunil_singh13
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Venu,

Yes it will consume the resources for example if time out is too high the queue will be held by the process for the long time and finaly down the line there wont be any queue available for new instance of process type.

Thanks,

Sunil Singh

former_member181962
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Venu,

The only problem i foresee is that the BPM processes waiting for reponses will be keeping the Integration Engine more busy,

in terms of resources like memory and CPU time.

Regards,

Ravi

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All,

Thanks for your response.

What is the SAP recommendations on increasing the value for the time out parameters like (icm/server_port_0,rdisp/max_wprun_time...etc )?

Regards,

Venu V