cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Different Stripe Code in Master Page Area on every Page

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Everybody,

I have a LC Designer form for printing purposes only. Dependent on the data the document can consist 1 to 10 pages.

On the top left corner of every odd page should be printed a 4 x 2 cm special stripe code for the controlling of an enveloping machine.

(14 stripes of constant vertical distance and constant length and thickness, so the build in bar codes do not fit for that).

The code differs from page to page (stripes are switched on /off). For large documents we have more then 3 Variants of code, not only first page, middle page(s) and last page. Not more then 10 Variants all together.

Now: I tried to put the stripe code on the master page for odd page numbers and to set up it for each page with a java script. Dos not work until now. May be I am not using the right event? Or should I use an additional special Content Area for the stripe code? Then again, how to tell the flowing tabe data, not to use this Content area?

Can anyone help me some how with this? Thank You very much in advance. Best Regards Christian

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

ok

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello together,

I solved this by myself:

- All stripes were put in a wrapping subform STRIPECODE on the masterpage-area (outside content area)

- the lines to be switched on/of have their own wrapping subforms each

- the event STRIPECODE: layout:ready was scripted, since we need page-info here

there are as much instances of STRIPECODE as we will have odd pages, we get the Number of the page one

instance of STRIPECODE is on via xfa.layout.page(this); this is the scriptes STRIPECODE-Instance

- the subform-children of STRIPECODE , i.e. STRIPECODE.CODE1 ...STRIPECODE.CODE14 are set to visible/unvisible:

STRIPECODE.CODE1.presence = "invisible"; NOTE: You cannot set the lines directly, only the wrapping subforms. Thats why we need them

If this is helpfull for anyone, please try to answer my 2 outstanding questions

Regards C