Creating and passing a model, outside a controller class.
My first steps in bsp with MVC.....
I'm modifying the automatically (via Web Interface Builder) created oninputprocessing event of a bsp page. In this page i have a table available, which i want to pass to my custom page.
Following MVC logic I thought up the following:
- in the event i create an object type ref to a custom model class
- now i pass my event table to this object
- then i pass this object to my custom controller, which then should have availability over the table
.....but i can't seem to get this to work.
Now i have a few questions:
- is it correct to first create the model object and then pass it to the controller? (if so, do you have an example of how to create the model class instance outside a controller class?)
- how do i pass object/instance to a controller?(can this be done with url? e.g. main.do?value=..... ?)
I feel my sollution could work (even if it wouldn't be the right approach), but i lack the knowledge to implement it.
Thanx in advance for your reaction.