cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Error in univ. designer - 'Query rejected because plan exceeds stack space'

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I am using BO XI R2, and trying to create an object in the universe designer. The object is complicated to a certain extent, since it is using fields from three different tables, and is performing mathematical operations on them. The object is thereby a measure object, and basically, is a combination of multiple (about 60) nested 'CASE WHEN THEN ELSE END's. Now, when I am writing the script in the 'SELECT' box, everything is OK upto 25 or 30 nested 'CASE WHEN...'s. However, when I try to add a couple of more 'CASE WHEN...' statements, I get the following error : ' Parse Failed:Exception:DBD [[Sybase]] [[ODBC Driver]] [[Adaptive Server Anywhere]] Query rejected because plan exceeds stack space --(df_Heap.cxx 1078) State :HY000 '

Any help on this issue would be appreciated.

Regards,

Alok.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

0 Kudos

Hi,

it sounds to me like a database/database driver restriction. I would recommend to check the DB vendor documentation on how you can rewrite your SQL statement in order to get it to work.

Regards,

Stratos

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

PPaolo
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Hello,

to check if this is a Sybase issue and not a BOBJ one, you can try and execute the SQL of the object definition from another SQL client tool (I am sure Sybase provides its own). Make sure you use the same client middleware to connect to the Sybase server.

If you don't have the error on the pure Sybase infrastructure, you could open a support case. Please notice that the supported combination for XIr2 SP5 is:

Server: Sybase SQL Anywhere (ASA) 10

MIddleware: Sybase ODBC 9 for Adaptive Server IQ 12.7

Hope that it helps

Regards

PPaolo