cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

BP: Tracking change history

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Colleagues,

We would like to track the change history for BP (last changed by and what has been changed). Within CRM, is is possible in trx BP, select any BP, go to menu EXTRA --> Change History.

1) Now we created BP in MSA, sync it to CRM

2) go to CRM, open that BP in trx BP. so BP sync to CRM.

3) Now change telephone for the same BP in MSA and start conntrans

4) go to CRM, go to change history for that BP. here we can see that teplephone field is chnaged, but changed by is the user maintained in communication station (RFCUSER) and not the MSA user.

For ex: in communication station, we are using user BDIXON01 and in MSA I have created BP with MSA login user as PNIMJE, so while tracking change history in CRM, I woulkd expect to see PNIMJE and not RFCuser of

communication station.

What is going wrong here?

Regards

Yatin

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Wolfgang_Mayer
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Yatin,

the login user in MSA isn't relevant for the change docs in CRM online. The user maintained on the comm station is the one which is relevant. The comm station logs on to the CRM system using this user as soon as you start conntrans.

Thus, you have to maintain "your" SAP user for "your" connection on the comm station to retrieve the behaviour you want.

Regards

Wolfgang

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks for your reply,

But this seems to be not a feasible way. This way, we can not maintained the every user of MSA.

Is there any way, where we can track the changes done in MSA?

Regards

Pankaj

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

it is possile to overwrite the standard change history with the user of MSA, but it's custom development.

The user (employee) that changed the object in MSA is present in the sbdoc. You can add a function to the standard flow context of the bdoc (add it as the last) and overwrite the change-user in the DB with the initials of the employee.

Kind regards,

Michael.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks Michael,

What I understood is follows:

1) The employee sbdoc is USER_WRITE and the corresponding function module is /1CRMG0/USER_WRITE_I01.

2) so do we need to enhance this function module

Please do suggest if I am worng.

What do you mean by "add a function to the standard flow context of the bdoc"?

Please do respond. Your help is appreciated.

Regards

Yatin

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

This is the normal flow:

BP's are synced from MSA to CRM using sbdoc capgen_obj_write.

These inbound sbdocs are immediately converted into bupa_main mbdocs, which are then validated and processed to the online DB.

During the online save, the data is collected and stored in an outbound bupa_main mbdoc which is then send through the outbound adapters.

For MSA, the outbound mbdoc is again converted in a capgen_obj_write sbdoc to update the clients.

The employee key (of the user that was logged on to MSA during the BP creation) should normally be present in the capgen_obj_write bdoc. You'll have to transfer it to the bupa_main bdoc (if it isn't already there) in BaDI CRM_30A_USER_EXITS.

The flow context function (copy the parameters of function CRM_BUPA_MAIN_VAL) should be inserted in the MO1 flow context (see transaction SMO8FD to view the flow context and SMW3FDCUST to change it to a customer flow context). Make sure it's the last function.

--> Try to implement this first, and check if the employee is available in the import parameters of the function. if not, you'll have to pass along the data using the BaDI.

Get back to me if you have any problems,

Michael.