cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Visual Composer 7.0 Setup/Configuration (with NW2004s SP7)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi all,

I've installed a NW2004s Portal with SP7. From my understanding, the SCA-files for VC are included in the installation/Support Package (I saw several VC*** files in SDM).

But I can't start/access Visual Composer in my browser.

I tried a URL like that: http://myserver.domain.com/vcserver

I got an error from WebAS: "The requested resource does not exist." (Errorpage 404) Besides that I added two roles roles in portal to my user: GUIMRole and VCRole.

So my questions are:

- Do I have to install something else, like with VC 6.0 on the server, to use the VC? And if, where can I get it?

(Note: I had installed the old release on that server before, so I already have MS SQL Server and MS XML Parser and the Adobe Software.)

- Does anybody know which installationsteps/configurationsteps I'm missing?

- Are there any installationguides available for release 7.0, cause I couldn't find some in servicemarketplace and SAP-Help?

(I saw the post from Siddharth J Bhatt "Visual Composer 7.0 installation" but unfortunatelly that didn't help me.)

Thank you in advance for any tips / hints.

Kind regards,

Annike

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Annike,

The URL for accessing VC is

http://<Portal Server>:<port>/VC

It will ask for user-id and password(the user-id shld have "VCRole" assigned)

But we are not able to view the default page of VC, altough in title bar we can see "Loding Visual Composer" message.

Can anybody help me out with this.

With regards,

Amol.

Former Member
0 Kudos

You need to assign youself the VCRole to use Visual Composer.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Does anyone have an offical install document for VC 7.0?

I can't seem to find one anywhere. I have deployed the SCAs, installed XML parser and SVG. What else am I missing, I cannot get the initial VC page to come up after login. I have also assigned the VC role to my user.

Thanks...

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Everyone,

I'm also facing same problem.

Thanks.

Answers (8)

Answers (8)

Former Member
0 Kudos
Murali_Shanmu
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Thanks for the links. They are very useful. Shall go thru them.

Regards,

Murali.

Former Member
0 Kudos

I tried with URL http://<FQDN>:50100/VC but it gives same message "The requested resource does not exist" (Errorpage 404).

We have NW04s including EP7.00 with SP08. We have VCBASE, VCFRAMWORK, VCFLEX, VCKITGP, VCKITBI with version 7.00 and SP06 patch level.

How to check the visual composer services is active and running or not in EP server?

What could be the problem?

Please guide us

Thanks & regards,

Vipul

Former Member
0 Kudos

What's your URL/domain? You need to replace <FQDN> with your machine-name.

Former Member
0 Kudos

URL is http://<hostname>.xxx.com/VC.

visual composer services are not there in visual admin. But visual composer components like VCBASE, VCKITGP, VCKITBI etc. are installed on SAP EP server.

we are on EP7.00 with SP08 & VC7.00 with SP06 on EP server.

Do we need to upgrade VC patch level on EP server?

please guide us.

Thanks & regards,

Vipul

Murali_Shanmu
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi

Even after replacing the FQDN with Hostname, we get the message :

The requested resource does not exist.

Details: Go to main page of this application!

We are able to see this in our PRD Box. But in our DEV box, we get this message. I compared both the boxes and I concluded that DEV box has VC still in SP 6. But in PRD the VC is on SP 8. We are running on NW04s EP7.0 SP8. Could SP version be a problem for this.

Kindly suggest.

Regards,

Murali.

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi Annikie

Could you please tell me how to add VC Role to my user in Portal.I searched for VCRole but bnot able to find it.Can we create that role in portal.I found the GUIM role and mapped it to the O/S user administrator with whom I am performing the Installation.

Thanks

Chintaiah.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Installing VC 7.0

*I myself have only done a dry run for this*

The user would need to download all of those files. Make sure to download all the files available..So, every version for each file. The reason JSPM will only install the most current version, and the user doesn't have to worry about matching files with versions etc etc.

1. Download all the files.

2. Place them in the EPS inbox.

3. Log into JSPM using SDM password.

4. Select New Deployment or Business Package.

5. The other options will not work, i.e. the files will not show up in the next window.

6. Makesure that the version is the most latest/current.

7. Proceed with install.

This is essentially a cheat sheet for installing those components..makesure that you install all of them at the same time.

Also, make sure that your Support Pack level is the most recent (SP 7 should work)

Hopefully this works.

Imran

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Annike.

I Have been struggling with the same problem.

The correct URl is:

http://host:port/VC/default.jsp.

Please check the other replies, because you need the mentioned roles (GUIMrole and VCrole) in the Portal.

Goodluck.

Gr.,

Marc.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi all,

I'm wondering which OS you are using?

My Portal-Server & Visual Composer are on MS Windows Operating System (also with an installed MS SQL Server for VC). I'm not sure, if this is still an requisite or is having an impact...

I'd like to mention, that I had installed the old VC (Version 6.0) on this Server before - maybe all the needed installation/configuration was done by this and the "new" installation of VC 7.0 is using the old database instance...

I haven't found an installationguide either. Probably they are working on it.

Kind regards,

Annike

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

comes all with SPS8

Mario

Former Member
0 Kudos

When will SP8 be available?

Also, in the meantime, can someone post the basic steps for installation here?

Thanks...

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I am told NW04S SP08 will be available end of June 2006.

The official SAP Marketplace page says:

"Support Package Stack 08 is planned for calender week 26, 2006. More information will follow approximately one month before."

You can see this at:

url=http://service.sap.com/~form/sapnet?_SHORTKEY=01100035870000668996&]NW04S Support Pack Stack Information[/url]

Cheers, Phil G.[

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Amol,

I also found in Servicemarketplace the Patch

VCBASE07P_1-10003602.SCA.

Also I wrote above, I also have installed MS SQL Server, MS XML Parser 4.0 and the Adobe Software.

Don't forget to install the Adobe on your Client as well (needed for the rendering).

That is written in the old instguides from VC 6.0.

Kind regards,

Annike

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Amol,

thank you - now VC is working for me - that was excactly what I'm missing. I can compose and run my models. Unfortunatelly I can't tell you, why it isn't working on your system. Just one note: I also have installed a patch for SP7 (patch one) maybe this solves your problem too?!

Kind regards,

Annike

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Annike,

I will just list the files those we had deployed:

1) VCBASE07_0-10003602.SCA

2) VCFLEX07_0-10003616.SCA

3) VCFRAMEWORK07_0-10003624.SCA

4) VCKITBI07_0-10003603.SCA

5) VCKITGP07_0-10003617.SCA

6) VCKITXX07_0-10003615.SCA

Please tell me wht all things have u deployed other than these?

And thanks for the points...... )

With regards,

Amol.