cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Portal eventing between Java WD iview to ABAP WD iview?

Former Member
0 Kudos

HI Experts ,

I have requirement on which,

The manager can select an employee from the EE Search iView (Object and Data Provider). All other iViews react on the selection and display data of the selected employee. Technically the personnel number is transferred from the search iView to the other iViews on the portal page, also to the related activity iView. This mechanism is called Eventing. The applications, started via the related activity iView, are launched with the personnel number as parameter. With other words the application, e.g. Manage Objects on Loan, can be directly started for the employee selected from the EE Search iView.

The Employee Information page is based on WD Java whereas the Objects on Loan application described in this specification is based on WD ABAP...........Due to different technologies used how to do the Pernr number transfer between these iviews?

If anybody have done this let me know the steps

Thanks in Advance,

Dharani

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

thomas_jung
Developer Advocate
Developer Advocate
0 Kudos

Portal Eventing is client side (JavaScript) and therefore works perfectly fine between a mixture of Technologies (WDA, WDJ, BSP, Visual Composer, and JSP). You need only meet the requirements for Portal Eventing in general (same domain in the URL for all application systems and portal). Have you tried the portal eventing and are running into a particular problem?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Dharani,

I have got exactly the same requirement as you had. Could you please let me know of the way you resolved this issue. I mean, I want to know the process of transferring the "Employee Personal number" to WD ABAP Application which displays the "Objects on Loan". I would greatly appreciate your help.

Regards,

gopal.