cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Doubt on Archiving of Messages

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear All,

I have one interface which we have been testing from 15 days. Now in SXMB_MONI I can see over 500 messages for this interface.

In My system Archiving configuration is not done. I am planning to do that and the above said interface for Archiving in SXMB_ADM. I will mainitain retention period for above inteface as 1 days.

So my doubt is, all the meesages which are older than 1 day will be archived or only those messages will be archived which are created after activation of Archiving configuration?

Regards,

Raghvendra

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

former_member334189
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Dear Raghvendra,

the answer of Netweaver Expert is perfectly correct. The definition of interfaces for archiving applies to messages that are received by the Integration Server or Integration Engine after configuration is done. For your reference you might want to have a look at http://help.sap.com/saphelp_nw70/helpdata/en/41/b715015ffc11d5b3ea0050da403d6a/frameset.htm.

Please note that OSS note 789352 applies to XI2.0 only. The XI persistence layer has changed significantly as of XI3.0 and therefore it is not recommended to apply that note to any release higher than XI2.0.

I often received requests for changing the interface action belatedly. Because of that SAP decided to provide some functionality for changing the interface action from deletion to archiving (this direction only!) even for processed messages. I have released report RSXMB_DEL_TO_ARCH as part of the standard. This report is coming with XI3.0SP22, PI7.00SP16 and PI7.10SP6. As the report is quite complex it is not available as an advanced correction per OSS note. With this report you can switch the interface action for completed messages to archiving. This also applies to messages which already are deleted logically (in case table switch procedure is turned on). Documentation is included in the report.

Best regards,

Harald Keimer

XI Development Support

SAP AG, Walldorf

Former Member
0 Kudos

HI Harald,

Thanks for good explaination,

We are running with PI 7.1 @ SP07. So looking for similar info on the developements on Archiving & Delete front.

And also, any good explaination on BPE related messages Archiving and Deleting will be a great help because we running most of the interfaces are BPE based.

Your help will be highly helpful for our PI performance.

Thanks

Sekhar

former_member200962
Active Contributor
0 Kudos
So my doubt is, all the meesages which are older than 1 day will be archived or only those messages will be archived 
which are created after activation of Archiving configuration

When you setup the archiving/ deletion job you mention the names of the interfaces......so the archival/ deletion will happen only for those and not for all....

to cross-check my reply check page 12 (Defining Interfaces) of this document:

https://www.sdn.sap.com/irj/sdn/go/portal/prtroot/docs/library/uuid/402fae48-0601-0010-3088-85c46a23...

Regards,

Abhishek.

Edited by: abhishek salvi on Jul 8, 2009 10:10 AM

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Abhishek,

Thank you Abhisheck, I guess my question i missed something.

As I understand all old messages of the specified Interface (For Archiving) will be archived onece you do proper configuration of archiving.

Am I right?

Regards,

raghvendra.

Former Member
0 Kudos

No, It will be in effect after you activate archiving / delete. That means those message before activating archiving are not considered for archiving.

Edited by: NetWeaver Expert on Jul 8, 2009 7:19 AM

former_member200962
Active Contributor
0 Kudos
As I understand all old messages of the specified Interface (For Archiving) will be archived onece you do proper configuration of archiving.

only those which fall under the retention period will be archived/ deleted....other messages will remain in the DB....so if you give retention period as 1 day then only those messages who have completed 1 day from the configuration of archiving job will be archived....

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

To archive messages that ran before the setup of archiving, see Archive after golive: SAP Note 789352. There is a program RSXMB_SET_ITFACTION_TO_ARCH that changes the flag for delete or archive decision for already processed messages..