Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

qRFC entries went missing after initial setup for LO extractors

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All,

I have a very urgent case here.

I have done the initial production data setup of the Purchasing and Inventory Management datasources in the LO Cockpit of the production system.

Once the setup is done, the qRFC (Tcode LBWQ) started to collect data in the update queue as we are using the "Queued Delta" mode. The queues were suddenly cleared even though I did not schedule or manually kick off the collective run jobs.

I have also not done any initialize delta loading to BW.

Is there any way to retrieve the missing entries or what could have caused the entries to go missing? How to prevent such problems from arising?

Have anyone of you encountered such a problem?

Please help.

Thanks.

Regards,

Shunhui.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Correct me if I am wrong -

My understanding on this sequence is -

1. Run set up - make sure no on works on OLTP at that time

2. take set up data to BW - initial

3. start V3 jon in R/3 - so it starts collecting data now on

4. then take on delta now on to BW

regards

Vikash

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Vikash,

I think you are correct.

I have only done the first step that you stated.

We did not immediately start the initial load to BW as there were some problems.

See below for more details.

Thanks.

Shunhui.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Thanks Shunhui,

regards

Vikash

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Shunhui,

Try to find the purchasing orders created on that day when the qRFC entries you lost by giving date in Purchase order table. Fill the set up table with only thos purchase order numbers and run a full update . Later you can pull delta's for new purchase orders created . But usually the entries in LBWQ do not disappear by themselves. If possible ask the BASIS team the reason why they disappeared.

Regards,

Prakash B

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Prakash,

I think what you suggested might work but its very risky.

Reason being that the queues that went missing are in the time range 26/04/2006 9am to 04/04/2006 10am. If I were to use the posting date 26/04/2006 to 04/04/2006, I might end up setting up POs created before 26/04/2006 9am and POs created after 04/04/2006 10am. This will end up with duplicates again. Correct me if I am wrong.

We tried checking SM21 to verified if there were any activities that cleared the queues and there was nothing.

We also tried checking for programs that might call the reports that clears the queues and there was nothing.

I understand that the queues normally do not disappear by themselves unless collective jobs are executed or scheduled or they are being deleted manually.

Would you have any idea on what else I can do to find out how the queues went missing?

Thanks for the help.

Shunhui.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Prakash,

Regarding your suggestion I have some queries on it.

Assuming I have set up data into the setup tables using OLI3BW for Purchasing datasources in the LO Cockpit.

Then I extracted over all the setup data to BW using delta initialization.

Then I started the collective run jobs for collecting data from the main update queues MCEX02 to the individual delta queues using the Job Control link in LBWE.

After sometime, due to some mishap, one of the individual delta queues was accidently deleted from SMQ1.

Are there any methods to solve this problem without having to redo the whole setup?

Thanks.

Shunhui.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Shunhui,

I would like to check with you, ur datatarget that retrieves data R/3 is a ODS or Cube. If it is a DS you need not have to worry about duplicate records. If it is a cube i will suggest you to request for another downtime and run the setup table again. Otherwise you will keep finding some problems here and there.

Hope this helps.

Cheers!

Bhuvana.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Nana,

The data targets consist of both ODS and infocubes.

For example, the data from the infocube 0PUR_C01 and ODS 0PUR_O01 gets updated directly from the infosource/datasource 2LIS_02_ITM.

Could you elaborate on what kind of problems I will encountered if it's an infocube?

Thanks for the help.

Regards,

Shunhui.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Shunhui,

The reason I said if you have that is extracting data directly from R/3, then suppose if you have any duplicate records which you have retrieved because of this full update then in the cube it will be doubled.

If it is an ODS then it is overwritten so you wont find much issues.

Hope this helps.

Cheers!

Bhuvana.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi dear,

the problem is that you need to do an initial load after your setup job end and before collecting (in a useful way) data in the queue, otherwise you are not able to upload your data in BW!

Anyway if you see data in the queue before doing an init, this means that you didn't clear the queue before starting the entire procedure (correctly described in the previous reply)...

Hope it helps!

Bye,

Roberto

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Guys,

Here's the full details. Hope to hear your comments.

For the setup of data into the setup tables in R/3 only, as it was the production system, we were only given a downtime of 4 hours. But the jobs could not finish in the given time and therefore while data is still being setup into the setup tables, the main update queues in LBWQ also started to collect postings.

Due to that problem, we feared that there might be duplicate data being uploaded into BW if we start the initial load of the setup data into BW follow by starting the collective run for the delta records into BW. Am I correct to think that way?

We were planning to delete those entries that were collected in the main update queues during the time the setup job was still running. After some analysis, about one week later when we were ready to delete the entries, we noticed that all the entries were missing from the main update queues. Which means we already lost all the data for that whole one week. We did not schedule any collective run jobs or delete the queue manually.

I am still trying to find out why the queues are missing without any collective jobs being executed and no manual deletions done.

Hope to hear from you guys soon.

Thanks.

Shunhui.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Roberto,

Do you mean that I have to start the delta initialization extraction of the data that is being set up in the setup tables then the main update queues MCEX02 and MCEX03 will not go missing or get cleared?

I thought the queues will not go missing or get cleared until the collective run jobs are executed or scheduled?

Thanks.

Shunhui.