cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

EJB model showing arg1 , arg2 etc as input parameter attributes

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All ,

I am working on EJB models. I have done all required settings at EJB session and application dc and deployed EJB Dcs

successfully. When i am adding application dc as used dc i can see public part which i have created for EJB model. when i create EJB model my input parameterts are not showing exact names. they are shown as agr1 ,arg2 etc. i have worked earlier

on EJB models but never faced such issue. What can be reason for this? How to resolve this?

Thnx in advance.

Regards

Kavita

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Kavita,

Which model you are trying to create? Is it webservice model? or Adaptive webservice model?

You mentioned that you have added a public part. Are you consuming the session bean directly in the webdynpro with out creating any model?

Input parameters not showing exact names? 

Do you mean that, when you are trying to call the business method of the sessio bean, are you not getting help with the exact names?

Please clarify my queries.

Regards,

Jaya.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi ,

I am using Enterprise Java Bean Model(EJB Model). For EJB model we need to create public part in application and need to add client of session bean DC.

At web Dynpro , when i am creating model i am getting parameters names as arg1 , arg2 . I am not getting exact name those i hv set in session.

Regards

Kavita

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Kavitha,

Are the input parameters are inside a bean? If so, did u generate the getters and setters with proper name?

Go thru this pdf: This might give some pointer

https://www.sdn.sap.com/irj/servlet/prt/portal/prtroot/com.sap.km.cm.docs/library/user-interface-tec...

Regards,

Jaya.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi VJR ,

I m not working on Java Bean model. its EJB model where we expose session bean through enterprise application.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Can you explain the steps how did you create EJB model after deploying the EJB using EAR project. Because while creating model I didn't see EJB model option.

Regards,

Jaya.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Jaya ,

I am working on NW CE 7.1. this model is available 7.1 onwards.

create public part in application dc and client of session DC. then build and deploy.

in web dynpro add public part of application DC , and create EJB model by right clicking models

Regards

Kavita

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi ,

I have already gone through tutorials for creating EJB model. I have again checked all steps for creation. Even i tried to create new EJB module DC and aaded it to same Enterprise application n tried to create EJB model for this newly created Dc. For this DC i can see all input parameters names as it is , i.e. the names which i hv defined in session bean method. still not able to trace problem in case of my older EJB mudule DC

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Kavitha,

Check the method declaration in Session Local interface.

Regards,

Jaya.

Former Member
0 Kudos

I have added single method public String test (String fName, String lName); for test purpose

public String test(String fName , String lName ){

try{

return fName" "lName;

}

catch(Exception e){

e.printStackTrace();

return "error";

}

}

when i create model instead of showing fName and lName , its showing arg0 and arg1

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Kavitha,

There will be four interfaces associated with session Bean.

Local, LocalHome, Remote and RemoteHome

For example EmployeeSessionBean has

EmployeeSessionLocal

EmployeeSessionLocalHome.

EmployeeSession

EmployeeSessionHome

EmployeeSessionLocal & EmployeeSession interfaces will also contain all the session beans business methods declarations.

So, What I am asking was, Please check the method declaration in the local / home interfaces and confirm the input prameters from there.

My guess was, the model will read the input parameters from the local interface / remote interface.

Hope this clarifies!

Regards,

Jaya.

Former Member
0 Kudos

I am working on EJB3.0. In EJB3.0 there are only 2 interfaces. Local and Remote. Home interfaces are not required.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Kavitha,

Did you check in local interface? Is it having the method signature properly with what ever names you gave in session bean?

Regards,

Jaya.

Former Member
0 Kudos

yes. local interface is having proper method with input parameters.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

There is a special class called javax.ws.WebParam which includes special tags to handle EJB WS parameters:

public String test(@WebParam(name = "fName")String fName , @WebParam(name = "IName")String lName ){
try{
return fName+" "+lName;
}
catch(Exception e){
e.printStackTrace();
return "error";
}
}

Regards,

Wesley

Former Member
0 Kudos

this class is used when u create web service nad Adaptive web serivce model . I m working with EJB modle. For EJB model also is it required? This is not mentioned in Tutorials for EJB model

Former Member
0 Kudos

Why don't you give it a go and see what the result is...

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi ,

In that case also its not working. If i create EJB model at my end its doing well. but when i check in and if other developer

tries to create he is getting again arg0 , arg1 etc. currently i am checking out that web dynpro dc on my pc creating models and check in. Then after check in others are checking out at their end nad creating model.

Regards

Kavita

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Kavita

I have the exact same problem. Did you find a solution yet?

Regards,

Tobias

Former Member
0 Kudos

no not yet. i have been struggling for this problem since last 1 month. i have now raised case at sap market place. if i get the

solution will let u know. in mean time if you also get something on this issue please let me know.

Regards

Kavita

Edited by: kavita chavan on Sep 2, 2009 11:08 AM