Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

RFC Invokation problem

former_member181928
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi

I am doing an adaptive RFC call .

following are the statements in the Romote Function Module which i am invoking.

first it inserts the parameters passed into a table

and then the code is

SUBMIT <report name > with parameter passing.

when i comment out the Submit statement and invoke the function module the parameters get populated in the table..but when i enable the SUBMIT statement the same set of parameters dont even get populated in the table. and i get the following exception in the logs of SAP J2ee appln server .

WDDynamicRFCExecuteException: Screen output without connection to user. , error key: RFC_ERROR_SYSTEM_FAILURE

The fact that the Function module is invoked the first time .. i think that there should be no problem JCO Connections or anything on the web dynpro part...

i am not able to find a solution to this problem .

Please help.

regards

Nilesh Taunk.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Nilesh,

I don get u what ur mean to say about the SUBMIT part.Can u be litle more clear in this.

Usually <b>WDDynamicRFCExecuteException</b> occurs only when there are some changes made to the RFC side ABAP code or any change in the table tructure of the function module.

So its better that at this time of the exception reimport ur model in webdynpro, while reimporting at the last step before u Finish u will c the chages made to code in <b>deltasifany</b> part. If there is some changes u will be noted then u can press finish to continue or else if there is no change u get only deltasifany.

After doing this step just restart ur server.Because restarting ur server will remove the metadata cashe problem.

Try the above solution this would be fine.

Hope it helps,

Regards,

Nagarajan.

deepnain_kundra
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Nagarjan,

Can you please help me in the following link :

/thread/161414 [original link is broken]

Regards

Deep

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Nilesh,

This could be the problem in your scenario.

When a call is made to an RFC in backend, it runs in one user session, and since you have a SUBMIT statement, the report is executed in a different session, and which is what creates the problem.

These are the convestions to be followed for BAPIs/RFCs. You might run into similar problems if you dont adhere to them.

BAPIs must not contain CALL TRANSACTIO or SUBMIT REPORT

BAPIs must not invoke a COMMIT WORK. instead use the BAPI TransactionCommit to execute the commit after the BAPI has executed.

BAPI structures must not use includes.

There should be no functional dependecies between two BAPIs

BAPIs must perform there own authorization check

BAPIs should not use dialogs

BAPIs must not cause the program to abort or terminate. relevant messages must be communicated through the return parameter

The main problem being a BAPI and a report are run in different sessions on R/3 and such an error occurs.

Regards,

Rajit