cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

ATP check KP

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello All,

The Availability Check "KP" defined on MRP 3 which suppose to trigger no check in standard SAP. brings a question in my mind.

while running transaction CO09 SD Cheking rule "A" , it says that "Material not Relevant for check, therefore always available"

but when creating a Sales Order in VA01, it does the ATP check and gives next day confirmation day

why would KP act in such a way ?

Another question:

Is CO09 only for Trading Goods/ off the shelf Products ? , is VA01 the only place to get the Available date for ETO or MTO products?

Regards

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Dilip,

As you said with the KP availibily check system system will not do the avalibility check for material.Thats true & in CS09 it will say that Material not relevant to check, therefore always available.

why because in the Availibility check control we are not checking any field relevant for Availability check & Checking Rule A signifies that for the sales order system will not do any Availability check.

As you are saying about ATP check for VA01 that system will no do if the Availability check is set KP . But system will calculate the Shipping Time ,loading time & factory calender to give the confirm delivery date.

see even if u have Material Availbale with you but you need to manage the Transport for that , u need a time for pick,-pack if relevant for packing, u need to ckeck the holidays of you & customer also based on that system will confim you the date of delivery.

I can might miss some parts but this is as per my understaning for Availability check..

I hope i am able to explain you...

Regards

Deepak

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dilip,

the next day confirmation does not mean that its coming from ATP check. There are various lead times maintain in the systems. As said Check the lead time in MM. And also there are some cases when you will create order after working hour system will automatically proposes the next day based on calendar setting.

Thanks,

Raja

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hai,

This may be due to the maintainance of 1 day in the material master for lead time which is in MRP view. Kindly check the same.

regards,

Sudhir