cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Resetting SAP Component Configuration

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello everyone,

I'm wondering if there's a way to reset or reload a standard SAP component configuration? I accidentally made a change to configuration FITV_FPM_EXPENSES in component FITV_FPM and now when I launch application FITE_EXPENSES all I see is a blank screen with a save button. The problem is that I'm not even sure what was changed and there was never a need to make any changes to this configuration in the first place, so I'm wondering if there's a way to revert it back to the original SAP version (or someplace that I can go view a copy of the original SAP configuration so that I can figure out what was changed and fix it manually). Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks in advance.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

thomas_jung
Developer Advocate
Developer Advocate
0 Kudos

Component Configuration is stored much like IMG configuration in Configuration based Database tables. It is not a development object, per say, and therefore doesn't have version managment like other ABAP development objects. Have you already transported the configuration change through to production? Otherwise I would suggest going to a system "upstream" and getting the settings for the configuration from there.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks.... normally that would be exactly what I would do except that in this case this is a brand new system that we're installing from scratch and our development instance is the only one that's currently available. So if there's no way to revert it then then could there be someplace else I can go to find out what the standard entries are supposed to look like? Or is there a component that we can easily reinstall since this is a new system anyway? Thanks again.....

thomas_jung
Developer Advocate
Developer Advocate
0 Kudos

You can't just reinstall a component. The installation doesn't work that way, nor are the Software Components that granular. You would practically be rebuilding the entire system.

Someplace to go to find out what the standard looks like... well any other system, but you might not find such a thing publically. Maybe someone else on the forums can send you screen shots or saplink nugget of the configuration from their system. You should probably post your release and patch level. You could open a support ticket, but support might consider this consulting.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Ok, thanks for the information. We're currently using ERP6, Enhancement Pack 3, Support Pack 4. If anyone could help with this it would be greatly appreciated.

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks for the suggestions everyone. Turns out we were actually able to fix this by restoring a single entry in one of the database tables.