cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

WBSE status preventing changes to PO

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

We have Pos with multiple items and each item is assigned to different WBS elements. If any of the WBS elements assinged to those items has been set to statut TECO or CLSD, then we couldn't transfer the changes made to other items of the PO.

Every time system is validating the cost assignments for all the items. Even the item has been deleted, system is still validating the cost assignment details of the deleted item and gives an error.

Found the below SAP notes, but these are talking about service orders.

Note 878946 - One item TECO prevents other items from changing in ext. PO

Note 894688 - Unchanged item related status prevents others item's changes

We are in SRM 4.0. using extended classic scenario.

Could you please help me to fix this issue?

Thanks,

ss

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

former_member183819
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi

Did you verify the wbs elements are valid or not via cj03 tcode in ecc system. check it up with fico consultant? any follow on document created for those Pos since we do have status TECO, CLOSED of wbs element. we can not create PO if wbs technically closed or locked

br

muthu

Former Member
0 Kudos

Muthu,

Status of WBS element is TECO or CLSD in backend. I understand that these status will not allow further changes to PO.

But our issue is, is this a standard functionality that it will not allow changes even to the other items of the PO?

In my first message, I mentioned couple of notes which is of similar issue but for service orders.

I would like to know is there a to fix. If we are making changes to a PO item, then FI validation should occur only for that item. Strange thing is, it is validating even the deleted item of the PO.

Thanks,

ss

former_member183819
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi

However you do testing like below

1.create a SC, PO in SRM and replicate to SRM .Dont do good receipt.

2. go to CJ02 lock the master data of wbs element and change the PO any data like quantity and this changes never happen in backend.

3. unlock the WBS element and change the PO qunatity and it will update in ECC.

br

muthu

former_member206968
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

The accounting validation ocurrs for all items in a PO as of standard. You need to create a new order for the line items for which WBS is still active.

Regards,

Sanjeev