Application Development Discussions
Join the discussions or start your own on all things application development, including tools and APIs, programming models, and keeping your skills sharp.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Invoking Remote Function Module.

former_member181928
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi

I am invoking a remote function module from a web dynpro application(External Appln ).

The FM contains the following code snippet

first it inserts the parameters passed into a table

and then the code is

SUBMIT <report name > with parameter passing.

when i comment out the Submit statement and invoke the function module the parameters get populated in the table..but when i enable the SUBMIT statement the same set of parameters dont even get populated in the table. and i get the following exception in the logs of SAP J2ee appln server .

WDDynamicRFCExecuteException: Screen output without connection to user. , error key: RFC_ERROR_SYSTEM_FAILURE

i am not able to find a solution to this problem .

Please help.

regards

Nilesh Taunk.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

You cannot call a RFC which a WRITE statement or submitting a report, which in trun will have WRITE statement.

Bottom line, any RFC which is giving output on the screen cannot be called from external system.

REgards,

Ravi

Note :Please mark the helpful answers

6 REPLIES 6

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

You cannot call a RFC which a WRITE statement or submitting a report, which in trun will have WRITE statement.

Bottom line, any RFC which is giving output on the screen cannot be called from external system.

REgards,

Ravi

Note :Please mark the helpful answers

Former Member
0 Kudos

HI

GOOD

GO THROUGH THIS LINKS,THEY MIGHT HELP YOU TO GIVE YOU SOME MORE IDEA.

http://sdn.sap.com/irj/servlet/prt/portal/prtroot/docs/library/uuid/5303c390-0201-0010-e0b2-bfae0183...

THANKS

MRUTYUN

former_member188685
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

the RFC which you are trying will give the result in the output screen. so that is the reason you are getting the exception. that is because of submit.

may be you can try with <b>export list to memory option</b> along with <b>submit</b>. then try .in this case it will not give any output on screen.

Regards

vijay

0 Kudos

... or if you do need the output you can bring it to the SAP-Sooler...

SUBMIT rep ... TO SAP-SPOOL

Regards

Rainer

0 Kudos

sorry - that was double

Message was edited by: Rainer Bonenberger

0 Kudos

sorry - that was double

Message was edited by: Rainer Bonenberger