cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Portal Services and JSPDynPage

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

I developed a JSPDynPage what is formed by tableview, input and edit forms. Now, I want to make a portal service for this.

I have already the portal service skeleton obtained with the SAP Netweaver Developer Studio's wizard.

How can to implementing in portal service class the JSPDynPage accessibles business method ?

Thanks

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

detlev_beutner
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

please specify your question - where is your problem? You can just implement the methods you like as public methods. You know how to access the service afterby? Be a bit mor detailed, and I hope I (or someone else) can help you...

Best regards

Detlev

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

Thanks for your quickly feedback. I have a portal application what is formed by few jsp files. These jsp files has hbj tag libs and uses the tableview for show a MSSQL Server table records, a form for input the new records and a form for update the these records. For these jsp files I have a bean what has contented set and get methods and few business methods. This business methods fetching, updating, insert, delete record/s from the above table. Also I have what extends the PageProcessorComponent like:

public class MyClass extends PageProcessorComponent

{

public DynPage getPage()

{

return new MyDynPage();

}

public class MyDynPage extends JSPDynPage

{

public void doInitialization()

{

}

public void doProcessAfterInput() throws....

{

}

public void doProcessBeforeOutput()

{

this.setJspName("index.jsp");

}

public void onbutton_new(Event event)

{

}

public void onbutton_edit(Event event)

{

}

}

}

When I made a Portal Service with the SAP Netweaver Developer Studio's wizard, are created a Portal Service class and a Portal Service Interface. My questions are: How define the above methods in Portal Service interface ? How implements these methods in Portal Service class ?

Thank you very much for any feedback

detlev_beutner
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

I have the slight feeling of a general misunderstanding...

A service is a "headless" component. You cannot transfer methods like "doBeforeContent()" into a service - the "doBeforeContent" only makes sense within a JSPDynPage, which has controller function (thaught in MVC paradigma), and a controller has a relation to a view (JSP). Services do not have views ("headless").

If you think of the business methods when talking of "the above methods", just implement them within the service as public methods, defining the same methods in the corresponding interface.

There is some service implementation guide, at least under PDK 60.2.2 it is to be found under "Java Development" - "Documentation" - "Services" - "Concept" - - "Service Implementation Guide".

Hope it helps

Detlev

Answers (0)