cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

CUP 5.3 SP8 - Authentication Source/User Details Source question

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

Here is another issue I'm noticing with CUP.

Currently we have it configured as such:

Authentication Source: LDAP

Search Data Sourec: SAPHR

User Details Data Source: SAPHR

When a Requestor logs in to create a request for themself, Requestor Username and Email are correctly populated under the Requestor section of the request screen. This Username and Email match identically from SAPHR; and it should, as that is what we have defined as our User Data Source

When a Requestor logs in to create a request for another user, Requestor Username and Email are populated differently under the Requestor section of the request screen; this information in this case appears to be coming from LDAP. This does not seem correct to me. LDAP is only defined as the Authentication Source, not the User Data Source.

1) Why would the Requestor section populate differently when creating a request for yourself vs. another user?

2) Is this a bug in CUP?

3) Has anyone else noticed this or found a fix?

Thanks!!

--

Jes

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Rich_Turnquist
Participant
0 Kudos

We are on the same SP level and are configured similarly but don't see this issue.

Data Source - LDAP

Search - SAP

Datasource - Multiple (SAPHR, SAP(BI), LDAP, SAP(SRM))

Also, our LDAP does not carry the email address (yet).

When I create a new request for someone else, all the information is filled in correctly from our SAPHR system, if they are in HR, or from our BI system if they are not in HR but are in BI. However, since we don't carry e-mail address in our LDAP system yet, the requestor e-mail field is left blank and I have to manually fill it in. (We do plan on changing this).

Hope this helps,

Peggy

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks for the response, Peggy. Interesting!

Can you confirm what your Authentication Source is?

For us, Requestor Information (and only Requestor Information) is being populated from our Authentication Source when and only when a request is created for another user (checking the box "Requesting for Other User" on the login screen)

Thanks

--

Jes

Former Member
0 Kudos

This is exactly what I mentioned. When you create request for someone else, CUP does not need to look up details data source. In this case, CUP brings requestor information from the authentication source.

Regards,

Alpesh

Former Member
0 Kudos

We essentially have just eliminated the issue by making SAP HR our Authenticatin Source as well. We decided we might as well go this route because ultimately (for us anyway), SAPHR is our most complete source of user data.

Thanks to all that have replied!

--

Jes

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Jes,

I have never tested or noticed this but it is nice to know. It seems to me that when you try to create request for someone else, CUP doesn't look at the data source and brings all the requestor information from the authentication source, but when you try to create request for yourself, CUP must look at the data source and that is why it brings information from the configured data source.

I am sure SAP will say it is working as designed and will not accept it as bug.

Regards,

Alpesh

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks for the reply, Alpesh.

To me, Requestor info should always been populated from User Data Source. Nothing should ever be populated from the Authentication Source; from my understanding this is only used to ensure a user is valid. Unless my understanding of sources is incorrect, this does seem to be a bug or design flaw of some sort.

Anyone else able to provide insight?

Thanks

--

Jes