cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

IS-OIL - Substitutes for trnx O401

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello SAP-Geeks!

Hope all of u r at a gr8 state of mind. See guyz my requirement is to upload some legacy data through trnx "O401". So i want to know is there any substitute for this trnx like any function module or bapi? If it's available, then i don't have to go for the bdc. This is IS-OIL utility. Hope somebody has got some substitutes.

Looking forward 2 ur ealiest replies

Manas

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Manas,

As a general procedure, you could read the input leagacy data into internal tables, validate it and then use the requisite BAPIs / FMs to create data.

Could you please mention data are you uploading with that transaction? Could then help the the BAPIs/FMS that can be used.

Regards,

Aniket

Former Member
0 Kudos

Aniket

HELLO!

SEE IN THE TRNX 0401- ACCORDING TO LOCATION TYPE WE ARE CREATING SOME LOCATION ID, I.E., NOTHING BUT ASSOCIATING EXISTING CUSTOMER AS PARTNER. DOES IT MAKE SENSE FOR U?

RATHER THAN THIS, I DONT HAVE ANY OTHER DATA WITH ME

REGDS

MANAS

Former Member
0 Kudos

Manas,

If I interpret things correctly, you are doing processing related to business partners. Am I right ?

Regards,

Aniket

Former Member
0 Kudos

Aniket

u got it correct.

manas

Former Member
0 Kudos

> Hi Manas,

>

> As a general procedure, you could read the input

> leagacy data into internal tables, validate it and

> then use the requisite BAPIs / FMs to create data.

>

> Could you please mention data are you uploading with

> that transaction? Could then help the the BAPIs/FMS

> that can be used.

>

> Regards,

>

> Aniket

Manas,

Please refer above post. The FMs you could use for business partner processing are --

BAPI_BUPA_CREATE_FROM_DATA

Create business partner from data

BAPI_BUPA_ROLE_ADD

Add role ( ex. employee, contact person, sold-to-party) to already created business partner

BAPI_BUPR_RELATIONSHIP_CREATE

Create relationships between business partners.

REgards,

Aniket

Please award points to useful posts

Former Member
0 Kudos

Aniket

thnks for ur hard effort. i checked in sap system. but there is no substitute as in FM OR BAPI for that particular trasaction.

THNX ONCE AGAIN

MANAS

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Manas,

Indeed there is no single FM/BAPI to do the work of the transaction. It will have to be a sequence of operations.Anyways, hope your job get done.

Regards,

Aniket

Former Member
0 Kudos

Aniket

yep! u r absolutely correct. mostly there is no single bapi/FM for total transaction. but i beleive, for some purpose, like create sales order...etc, there is exactly one bapi available to solve our purpose. so in my context, i was looking 4 same thing. i found even few of them, but some of them still not available. so i decided to go for the BDC. but hats off 2 u'r sincere replies.

thanking once again

Manas

Former Member
0 Kudos

HI

GOOD

COULD YOU PLZ GIVE ME SOME DETAILS WHAT EXACTLY O401 DO.

IF YOU REALLY DONT WANT TO GO FOR BDC THAN YOU CAN GO FOR LSMW WHICH WOULD MUCH EASIER FOR YOU THAN BDC.

THANKS

MRUTYUN

Former Member
0 Kudos

MRUTYUN

HI!

USING TRNX O401, I AM CREATING A BUSINESS LOCATION ID.HERE IS DETAILS:

WE ARE ASSOCIATING ALREADY EXSISTING CUSTOMER WITH A LOCATION TYPE AS A PARTNER. THEN AFTER END OF THE PROCESS ONE LOCATION ID GETS CREATED IMPLICITLY BY SAP SYSTEM.

REGDS

MANAS