Did you mean: 

DDIC_ACTIVATION TP_STEP_FAILURE 0008

joo_migueldimas
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi gurus,

System: ECC 6.0

DB: Microsoft SQL Server 2005

When I was to proceed a importing of stack 15 (source:12 -- target:15) I stay stuck in SPAM in importing phase DDIC_ACTIVATION and the error/warning is: (Before importing this SPS 15 I did a kernel upgrade with sucess (to level 201)!)

- Error in phase: DDIC_ACTIVATION

- Reason for error: TP_STEP_FAILURE

- Return code: 0008

- Error message: OCS Package SAPK-60012INECCDIMP, tp step A,

return code 0008

In this url I see the phase details of importing SP´s: http://help.sap.com/erp2005_ehp_04/helpdata/EN/3d/ad5d384ebc11d182bf0000e829fbfe/content.htm

So, I search a lot on this SDN forum, but I didn´t reach the solution!!

...for instance, I already did TP and R3TRANS update for their last level, but the error persist I don´t know what to do now...!!

I already saw the logs but I don't understand that...

So... can you give me advice which help me to solve this problem!!! I´m stuck in this phase

Best regards,

João Dimas - Portugal

Edited by: João Dimas on Jul 7, 2009 7:16 PM

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Check it by OS command. by df -g if u have AIX.

Thanks

joo_migueldimas
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi presu Vyas,

As already say on top my O.S. is Windows 2003 Server X64... so the command I used were tp connect .PFL and DOMAIN.CFG in the usr/sap/trans/bin directory and they are contained there!!...

So... I don´t know what to do more!!

Do you have more suggestions/advice to give me to correct this error !??

Best regards,

João Dimas - Portugal

Former Member
0 Kudos

Have a look at below note.

Note 1289778-Error when activating/generating view V_FBN_T74HB

I also had a similar problem.

I was able to remove the trouble by applying this Note.

Thanks

Edited by: Tsutomu Nishida on Jul 16, 2009 2:37 AM

joo_migueldimas
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Tsutomu Nishida,

Thanks a lot! That is the solution for this problem!!! I´ll give you the max points!!

The problem was solved!

Best regards,

João Dimas - Portugal

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

As per your query, please infom to abaper or related consultant who had created this transport. This is related to programming error or configuration setting error in the transport. There are no basis consultant role in this case. Please don't change anything in your system and not to bother for this error. If you find error code 8 in means this is related to abap/confuguration error.

In case you have any issue related to this pls send me the detials.

Anil

Former Member
0 Kudos

check whether TR directory is mounted or not. if yes then check the permission and owner and group.

Thanks

joo_migueldimas
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hello presu Vyas,

TR directory... sorry I don´t understand what you wanted to say!

How can I check that?... Can you tell me in which transaction I can see that permissions?

Best regards,

João Dimas - Portugal

Former Member
0 Kudos

Did you found anything in Transport log, any object which is causing the problem.

See transport log in SPAM tcode for the current queue. without knowing this detail nobody can guide you.

Mani

joo_migueldimas
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Mani,

Yes, you´re right!! I´ll show you some log details.

So I checked some logs, 3 log files.

*1)* -- *SPAM: action log* :

Import phase 'DDIC_ACTIVATION' (07.07.2009, 17:02:43)

Error during executing the tp command 'tp ACT ALL ERP ...'

tp return code: '0008' , tp message: 'A tool used by tp produced errors' , tp output:

This is tp version 372.04.65 (release 700, unicode enabled)

standard output from tp and from tools called by tp:

Details of the error situation can also be found in the import logs

Interrupt the import due to an error situation (07.07.2009, 17:03:28)

Display detailed informations concerning the error in phase 'DDIC_ACTIVATION'

Abort the import due to an error situation (07.07.2009, 17:05:48)

*2)* -- Other log is this... Goto --> Import Logs --> Queue:

Overview of Transport Logs

It show many errors in each Support packages file... the details are in this two next images (there are both connected):

Image 1: http://img34.imageshack.us/img34/9822/image1nuf.png

Image 2: http://img34.imageshack.us/img34/7710/image2xdn.png

3) -- And other log file and the last log that I show you in this message is the Transport Steps Monitor (Goto -> Import Logs -> tp System Log):

TP System Log: System ERP: http://img34.imageshack.us/img34/8098/transportsteps.png

So, it´s possible now to know what´s happen?!?...

Thank you for trying to help me!!

Best regards,

João Dimas - Portugal

sunny_pahuja2
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

For this activation error please check below SAP note:

Note 1245473 - Add. Info. - SAP Enhancement Package Installer 7.00

Note 1283197 - Cluster tables: Incorrect offsets in runtime object

Check this link also:

/message/7290160#7290160 [original link is broken]

Thanks

Sunny

joo_migueldimas
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Sunny Pahuja, thank you to trying to help me...

So... let me see, you recommended me to read two notes.

The Note 1245473 - Add. Info. - SAP Enhancement Package Installer 7.00 I read... but even so I don´t understand why you suggest me to read this note because it is specific for Enhancement Installation... which is if I have the scenario to upgrade my ECC 6.0 to EHP1. I´m right!? I don´t know, but seems me tha when I read in beggining... "b) ABAP only -- This subsection handles issues that only apply to enhancement package installations in ABAP systems."

The other note 1283197... I don´t see anything that helped me!!

The URL... uhh.. I think that thread maybe help me... I don´t know exactly.. but I already knew that thread... I´ll check that!!!

Best regards,

João Dimas - Portugal

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Dimas,

I had same kind of issue before but i was implementing SP 4 for ECC 6 EHP 4. the problem i identified after opening a message with sap was some of the HR FROM structure are regenerated after activating HR forms and SP was not able to activate the same. So the solution was to delete these structures ( and dependent structure) manually using SAP keys and then it went well.

I assume this is the same kind of problem so i should better suggest you to open a message with SAP and take their suggestion (and to not violate their support agreement) since the View which is causing problem in ur case is also from HR development side.

Mani

joo_migueldimas
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Mani,

I have two questions for you:

1º --> Tell me one thing Mani, in your opinion which component/area at sap support you recommend me to open a message for this particulary issue!!??? I don´t know which are ideal/better for this situation!!

2º --> I had been reading this note 822379 and in there there is a statement in the point 9. HR Support Packages (component SAP_HR) > . SAPKE60037, SAPKE60403 <- with a reference problem which have the solution in note 1279262. But when I read this last note, I got confused... I didnt´t understand first if was necessary take this note in count before importing the SP queue and if so what I had to do to performe that instructions (because I don´t understand that solution..). By the way I have in my importing queue the SAPKE60038 (this note correct this problem notice in this last note?!

Thank you for tried to help me!

Best regards,

João Dimas - Portugal

Former Member
0 Kudos

1. PY-XX-HF

2. I did not find related problem in the said note '1279262' .

Mani

joo_migueldimas
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Mani,

The PY-XX-HF corresponds to HR Smart Forms area!! Hum... Don´t seem me the suitable area for this issue.

Instead of that I send the issue to BC-UPG-OCS - Online Corr. Support (Tools:Supp.-Pack., Addon Install/Upgr)! I´ll be wait for answer...

Best regards,

João Dimas - Portugal

Former Member
0 Kudos

Have a look at below note.

Note 1258938 - DDIC_ACTIVATION error during EhP4 installation

InConsistences in data base table might have occurred, due to which the problem may be.

Also refer this link

http://www.sapfans.com/forums/viewtopic.php?f=12&t=308265&p=932257

Regards,

Ravi