cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SRM used internally between different business units

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I have a question about the usage of SRM. SRM is designed to handle the relationship with outside vendors. But inside a company, there are many different business units. If one business unit is providing the services or products to the other business units and want to use catalog to publish the services or products to the other business units, can SRM handle that?

If SRM can handle the internal catalog situation, the service provider business unit needs to get the notification when the other business units place the order through the catalog. So once the other business units put the selected services into the shopping cart, will SRM be able to create a purchase request or some kind of notification and send it to the service provider business unit (internally, not to outside vendor)?

Thanks,

Ting

Edited by: Ting Xiong on Jul 7, 2009 6:31 PM

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

laurent_burtaire
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello Ting,

Your request corresponds to an inter-company (between 2 plants from 2 different company codes) or intra-company (between 2 plants from same company code) purchasing.

In this process, your vendor is also known as a R/3 plant (SRM location).

Have a look on Material Management threads to get all informations for Stock Transfer Order customizing in R/3.

On SRM side, there is no mandatory customizing: you just need to have this particular vendor replicated into SRM.

Regards.

Laurent.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Laurent,

Thanks for the help!

This is for the 2 plants within one company code. If I understood it correct, we can set up one plant as a SRM vendor and publish the catalog there. If the other plant selects the product and put it into shopping cart, is that possible to generate a notification and send it to the product provider plant? The reason is that we don't want to touch any cost flow in FI/CO side. We just want the product provider get the notification once the shopping cart is done.

Thanks,

Ting

laurent_burtaire
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello Ting,

What do you want to do ? Send the Shopping Cart to supplying plant (vendor) or the Purchase Order ?

For PO, this is standard: it is sent to vendor regarding output medium chosen when PO workflow is over.

To send SC, you will have to develop a specific: nothing exist in standard to send SC to Vendor.

If you just want to notify supplying plant in order to advise it to make its transfer order, no customizing exist for vendor.

Regards.

Laurent.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Laurent.

I actually want to send the shopping cart to the supplying plant (vendor) instead of sending the PO. Since there is no standard way to send it, I guess we have to develop something to send it or find some other alternatives.

Thanks,

Ting

Answers (0)