cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Disable the 'Approve' button on the TRIP Tcode

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi ,

I need to Disable the 'Approve' button on the TRIP Tcode ( Travel management) security setting. User does not want TRIP tocde to be able to approve their own trip expenses. The approval button should be enabled in PR05 but not in TRIP.

So can someone suggest me, Can we achieve this through object restriction? Or else Do we need to change the codeing with the help of ABAPer .

Thanks & Regards

Umashankar

SAP Security

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

former_member701183
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi,

Change in ABAP program cannot be done for SAP t-codes. One may create customised t-codes and impose restriction. Its better to use the P_TRAVL; p_abap, p_orgin judiciously to impose the restriction. Take a ST01 trace and find the auth object responsible for approval. Put restriction accordingly. I guess p_travl will be needed. Let me know if any issue.

Regards

Aveek.

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

To solve the issue,

1. Create a test id in quality system.

2. Simulate the accesss of user as the user have in Production system.

3. Enable the trace in QA system to take trace against the test user.

4. Run the same and take trace.

5. Then find out the authorization object what is checked after clicking the button "Approve".

6. Remove that particular object from the user in Production system to solve the issue.

Regards,

Sandip.

sdipanjan
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Eliminate the Option from the TCode screen by using Transaction Variant and then create a Variant Transaction for that. Assign this new custom TCode to the Users.

To know more on this process, please check the following thread just discussed:

Regards,

Dipanjan

Edited by: Dipanjan Sanpui on Jul 7, 2009 6:59 PM