cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Push deployment, which pushes all stock to destination location

Former Member

Hi Experts,

We have a deployment process, were one Source location is deploying to 3 destination location. Each destination location sends its demand to source location through P.Req.

Currently we are using Distribution rule "X- Push by Demand" and fair share rule "A-Proportional Distribution Based on Demands". Whenever demand is more than supply, deployment is distributing the supply using fair share rule, proportionally to each destination location considering the demand at destination locations.

Now there is requirement, that when there is EXCESS stock at source location, that excess stock should also be COMPLETELY DISTRIBUTED by fair share logic of rule "A".

Please let me know, how can we map the above new requirement.

Thanks & Regards

Shankar Dhangar

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member

Hi Shankar,

You can have the same fair share rule A with only modification you can carry out the pull/push

deployment.

Currently you are using X push by demands for push distribution mapping. You can try deployment

for push distribution as P - Pull/push.

With Pull/push distribution, the entire supply is distributed immediately to the demand locations to

cover all demand within the pull deployment horizon.

Also keep the deployment horizon to a maximum extent so that none of the stocks will not get

left undeployed.

Please map as per this scenario and confirm your findings.

Regards

R. Senthil Mareeswaran.

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

All,

I have the same issue, but I have followed your advice and it still does not work. The settings I have are:

Source location:

Push Distributn = P

Push Depl. Hor = 999

Pull Depl. Hor. = 999

Fair share rule = A

Destination location:

Push Distributn = P

Push Depl. Hor = 999

Pull Depl. Hor. = 999

Fair share rule = A

Deployment horizon = 999

Former Member

Hi Shankar,

Just increase your push deployment horizon you will achive your requirment. I hope you have sufficient deployment horizon.

Thanks,

Satyajit

Former Member

Hi Shankar,

Are you using Deployment Heuristics or Deployment Optimizer?

What exact business scenario you have !! We can think of few possible way to achieve results.

Below are few fundamental ways to achieve your results. You can try simulate different options in test environment

You can achieve results by below options.

Deployment Heuristics

- By increasing deployment horizon

- By increasing safety stock at destination plants

Deployment Oprimizer

- By increasing deployment horizon

- By increasing safety stock at destination plants

- By increasing storage cost at source location (If you are considering storage cost)

Regards,

Harshil Desai