cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Aviulability controil & budgets

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Please let me know in which level the Avilability control checks the budget in the below example.

when invoice 2 is posted the budget is exceeded for that WBS element. Does SAP look at other WBS elements at the same level as well as WBS elements at a higher level for additional authorized dollars before an email notification or a hard stop is initiated pending the appropriate budget profile on the project definition.Budget profiel is assigned at prioject definition level only.

Budget Invoice 1 Invoice 2

G.0001 10,100.00

G.0001.1

G.0001.1.01 100.00 90.00 1,000.00

G.0001.2

G.0001.2.01 10,000.00

Thanks

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Sudhi reddy,

Thanks for your helpful answer.

In my example the Top WBSE G.0001 has 10100 $ as budget and distributed it to two WBS elemnts at same lebel.

WBSE1 G.0001.1.01 has only 100$ budget and we have used oly 90$.t .We have Assigned to WBS2 G.0001.2.01 10,000.00$ and we have not used.

If I want to post on WBSE 1 again 100$ will it allow me or does it gives warning as we have asisgned remaining 10000$ to other WBSE2 though (though we have not used.)

Thanks

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

it will through an error immediately as you have left out with only 10$ in WBSE 1.

It will never look into either WBSE 2 or top level WBS.

once the distribution is done, it will never look into any other WBS.

for ex: you have budget 10100 $ at top level.

if you post some cost on WBSE1 and some cost on WBSE2. in both the case it will let you the extent of 10100 $ only that first come first serve basis.

i;e 10100 $ = WBSE1 costs + WBSE2 costs.

Rgds

Sudhir Reddy

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Sudgireddy,

Thank you for your answer.I really appreaciate.

Thanks

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

No, Invoice will look only into the WBS to which you are creating in the bottom budgetting.

suppose you have budge at top level, but don't have budget at lower level WBS, then system will consider budget from top level (top down budgetting).

if you have budget both at top level & lower level WBS then system will check into specific WBS to which you are posting the value.

i hope it is clear..!

Rgds

Sudhir Reddy