Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Need of XI to send an XML from one SAP system to another SAP system

srivatsav_ganesh
Explorer
0 Kudos

Dear colleagues,

I work in the SRM solution.

In SRM there is a Purchaser and Supplier scenario called Supplier Self Services.

The Purchaser creates a Purchase order and sends it to the supplier in form of an XML file.

The purchaser system and supplier system are the same SAP system but different clients.

Example: Purchaser client is 300 and Supplier client is 330 and both of them are on the same system.

I have a very basic question.

Currently we have the XI system which acts as an interface to send the Purchaser PO XML to the Supplier as XML.

a)My question is in case the XML structure is identical across both the clients, then what is the need of XI system?

b) Is it not possible to send XML from one client to another without an XI system? there si no need of any message mapping required since I am expecting the same XML structure in both clients.

Please clarify the need of XI system in the following scenario. Is it not possible without XI?

Many thanks.

Best regards,

Srivatsa

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

former_member181962
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Srivatsa,

YOu can send the XML message from one sap system to another sap system even without an XI system in between.

But the use of SAP XI (Or any other middleware) is recommended because, it gives you the following advantages.

1) Better monitoring and alerting mechanism. XI provides you robust set of tools that let you monitor the status of the messages that are exchanged.

2) Direct communication between systems is referred to as Point to Point communication, which has its own disadvantages as against Hub and SPoke model (Message exchange using XI).

3) Message delivery is guaranteed if you have XI in between.

If the target system is down, the sender sap system will not try multiple times to post the message.

But if you use XI, it can be configured to send the message multiple times, till it succeeds.

Regards,

Ravi Kanth Talagana

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

agasthuri_doss
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Sri,

> a)My question is in case the XML structure is identical across both the clients, then what is the need of XI system?

You can Monitor the messages,Error Notification,Volume transfered can be calculated, Can schedule the process Outgoing,Can collect the message,Alert notification etc

Cheers

Agasthuri