cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

BPM Not Using Most Current Object

Terry_KPMG
Explorer
0 Kudos

I've got an interesting problem with a BPM process.

The version being executed in the runtime environment is an "old" version of the BPM process and not the latest version. I've deleted the integration process from integration builder, created a new one of the same name, activated my change lists and flushed the cache. Still the "old" integration process is the one being executed. The newest version never gets used - even after a reboot.

When I look into the graphical overview of the workflow its readily apparent the old version is being used. There are 2 big give-aways, the 4th step in the process is being shown as a container operation - that step was deleted. There's a new IF/THEN branch that doesn't show up in the graphical tool either. That's not the version of the process I see in Integration Builder.

Any thoughts on how we can 'flush' the old BPM process out of the system and force PI to get a fresh copy of the process?

Thanks for your help!

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Terry,

after following the suggestions of Abhishek you could try to redeploy the Integration Process. Just click the wizards wand above the process list in sxi_cache and start deployment on the next page. Make sure, that all workitems of previous process instances are deleted.

Best Regards

Sven

Terry_KPMG
Explorer
0 Kudos

Thank you too Sven for your helpful suggestion.

I've never used the "magic wand" to force deployment of an object before. ....but once I tried it, I could see how that's a valuable technique to use when you suspect cache problems. After trying Abhishek's suggestion, I tried your manual activation technique too and find myself at the same spot.

I did some additional research in SAP Notes and came up with two helpful notes:

1143732 - a PI 7.1 Troubleshooting Guide for ccBPM

875657 - Message is assigned to old process instance

I had high hopes for 875657 but it seems to only be relevant when correlations are in effect.

Any other good suggestions?

former_member200962
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

what you need to do in this case is:

1) Reimport the BPM in ID...do config...activate...

2) go to transaction SWWL and delete the older version....do a cache refresh (if needed)

3) check in sxi_cache if the latest change is reflecting...click Display Active Version...if you double click on the BPM entry you will get a list of all the objects used in the BPM (MI, IM) alongwith names..

Regards,

Abhishek.

Edited by: abhishek salvi on Jul 7, 2009 8:55 PM

Terry_KPMG
Explorer
0 Kudos

Thanks for your input Abhishek.

I took your advice and used SWWL to delete any/all work items related to my integration process. Then I forced a "complete" cache refresh in SXI_CACHE. I also took the extra step of comparing the Object ID & Object Version ID in Integration Builder to the object id's in the SXI_CACHE's deployment XML. I wanted to make sure the cache had the right version.

I also had our BASIS lead do a full CPA Cache refresh too.

Unfortunately the problem still remains. When I send an IDOC to PI to start my integration process, the old version of IP still executes.