cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Unicode mismatch RFC client and repository

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

we are trying to connect an old RFC client application (written in CPP with CRfcLib / RfcLib) to a new SAP ECC 6.0 Unicode system via SAP XI (because customer moved from SAP 4.6 to 6.0 and introduces XI). The client calls an RFC, and even gets a successful return code, however XI receives wrong data from the RFC client, looks like some bytes are shifted. I then noted the following statement in the NW 7.0 help:

"The RFC metadata repository must be compatible with the sender and receivers systems with respect to Unicode.

A Unicode sender or receiver system must have a Unicode RFC metadata repository.

A non-Unicode sender or receiver system must have a non-Unicode RFC metadata repository."

So I assume that XI reads the Unicode metadata and so parses wrong field lengths.

As our old application is non unicode, we have now a mismatch. We would like to avoid to rework the whole CPP source to make it Unicode compatible. Is there some way to get around that above restriction ? We do not have any Non-Unicode SAP system which we could use for metadata lookup. Bypassing XI (unfortunately) is not an option.

PI 7.0 SP18. SAP ECC 6.0 Unicode. CPP code from 2002

CSY

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

former_member200962
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

I suppose that you are using RFC destination, in there you need to mention Unicode/ Non-Unicode accordingly. Just make a check in SM59 ---> TCP/IP Connection ---> RFC Destination for XI connectivity and check what communication type is enabled. May be this is causing some error.

Regards,

Abhishek.

Former Member
0 Kudos

No, we are using in XI and RFC sender adapter, and there set Non-Unicode. There we also have to give the RFC metadata repository.